Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Is Sarah Palin?

Old 08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mc...mate-on-friday/

Well, I'm at work so I haven't been watching the news, but a text message from my dad says:
"She fishes, hunts, plays hockey, and will kick both of their asses with one hand."

Also:
Runnerup Miss Alaska
Captain of H.S. Basketball Team
Played Championship Game with a stress fracture on her foot
And if she shoots you while hunting, you KNOW it's intentional!

Plus, she's kinda hot.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

She is good looking. Ill have to look into it a bit more tonight.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

woman after my own heart. but, being from alaska knowing how to hunt is second nature for a woman up there, you gotta bring home the groceries,lol.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Looks to be a very wise choice. A woman, likes outdoor, go getter, and does not take shit. It will be nice to hear more of her accomplishments but a quick scan says that he make a wise choice for VP.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i question McCain's choice quite a bit. he's picking a woman with virtually no history of political background. an Alaskan MAYOR?? most republican's bash Obama for lack of experience. I can see this is an easy fight for the Democrats against Rebuplicans.

Old 08-29-2008, 02:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

McCain has more than enough experience for the both of them, but isn't she actually the GOVERNOR of Alaska?

Kinda BIG state wise, and a bit more than a Mayor for sure.

And should I feel guilty that I wanna see her naked?

LOL
Old 08-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

yes. you're right. governor
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I have to admit, she is pretty damn hot. That aside, I think its comical that Obama picks an older more experienced politician as a VP to compliment him being younger and so called less experienced, and McCain picks an attractive young female to compliment his old ass with even less experience than Obama. Not to down play Palin and the problems that Alaska has faced in the past, but I seriously doubt that she has faced as many problems as Obama faced in Chicago. I think many people will see this as a poor choice on McCains part. Personally I see it as simply finding someone who is extremely photogenic and well spoken for, someone who will help him simply win an election. NOT someone who I would want second in command. I do need to research her more, to be honest I have no idea who she is. I way revote my statement above, but as of now, I see her as a poor choice on McCains part.

Honestly, both candidates share a larger percentage than other candidates before them for not making it all the way through office. Please, folks, dont take this the wrong way. I am merely pointing out an obvious point. Obama could possibly be the first black president, and with millions of white supremacists still in our country today, the chance of their being an incident with him naturally goes up. On McCains part, he will be one of our older presidents if elected, (I dont believe the oldest, I think Reagan got that one), so, he is more prone to health risks than younger presidents in the past. Now, I do consider these things in my decisions, and seeing this, I would much rather have an older, more experienced VP (Biden) than a headshot photogenic young Martha Stewart second in line to lead our country.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

QUOTE (tibbytib @ Aug 29 2008, 03:38 PM)
I have to admit, she is pretty damn hot. That aside, I think its comical that Obama picks an older more experienced politician as a VP to compliment him being younger and so called less experienced, and McCain picks an attractive young female to compliment his old ass with even less experience than Obama. Not to down play Palin and the problems that Alaska has faced in the past, but I seriously doubt that she has faced as many problems as Obama faced in Chicago.

Obama was a State Senator from 97-2004, which included the 13th District, which then spanned Chicago South Side neighborhoods from Hyde Park-Kenwood south to South Shore and west to Chicago Lawn.

He lost the campaign 2-to-1 in 2000 when he ran for House of Representatives.

He became a U.S. Senator in 2005, and immediately started preparing for the presidential race, which he formally announced at the beginning of 2007.

In my eyes, Obama doesn't have any more experience than Sarah Palin, and vice versa. Palin was very active in turning around huge corruption in the Alaskan government. Ever heard of the "Bridge to Nowhere?" Look it up...

I think many people will see this as a poor choice on McCains part. Personally I see it as simply finding someone who is extremely photogenic and well spoken for, someone who will help him simply win an election. NOT someone who I would want second in command. I do need to research her more, to be honest I have no idea who she is.
I've never heard of her before this week, so I've had to go do some research as well. I like her, alot. On the other forums I'm on, it's overwhelming that people are actually excited about her nomination.

I'd rather have little experience in the passenger's seat, than little experience as Commander-in-Chief.

On McCains part, he will be one of our older presidents if elected, (I dont believe the oldest, I think Reagan got that one), so, he is more prone to health risks than younger presidents in the past. Now, I do consider these things in my decisions, and seeing this, I would much rather have an older, more experienced VP (Biden) than a headshot photogenic young Martha Stewart second in line to lead our country.
Have you seen McCain's MOTHER campaigning for him? She's 95 and been running all over the country. I don't think it's in his blood to die anytime soon.

I also don't see Palin as a "Martha Stewart" figure... she's headstrong and big on ethics. She has limited experience, but done big things in her short tenure. You say, "I would much rather have an older more experienced VP than a headshot photogenic young Martha..." ... what do you say about the position of PRESIDENT? I'd rather have the experience leading the way, rather than Shotgun!

More information I've read:
She has 5 children. Her 19 year old son deploys for Iraq on 9/11
She had a child 4 months ago, born with Down Syndrome.
She's pro-life... which is not a common attribute among women politicians, but a big benefit in relation to my values.

Palin GILF t-shirts!
http://shop.cafepress.com/design/19837684

Our idiot governor has never visited Kuwait or soldiers outside of our state, that I'm aware of.

August 2007 in Kuwait: http://kodiakkonfidential.blogspot.com/200...increasing.html

http://www.ak-prepared.com/DMVA/images/200...owLine_Page.htm
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

I am very impressed with her short, but accomplished political career. If she continues in the way she began her career, she may be a very good vp.

She is hott as hell too. Maybe she will do a speach or two neked. fing02.gif