Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Here Works In The Automotive Field?

Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I know theres a few of us. Would just like to know what everyone does in the field. I know some work at parts stores or shops or dealerships. Ill start:

I am currently in school for automotive technology for my associates degree. The course is Ford based but I will not be working at a ford dealership. I will be done with school in July of 08.

I am working at a local independent shop. We do anything from oil changes to engine rebuilds and everything in between. Ive been working at the shop for almost a year now and still learn new things every day.

My goal is to start my own shop. mostly performance with my brother doing body work as well.

Who's up next?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i currrently am empoyed at autozone.
before that i was in the military
an before the military i was an auto body technician for 2 years.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM

Me me me!!! My turn! LOL

I work at a Hyundai Dealership in the Parts Department. Been in Parts for 1 1/2 years, worked for the dealership for a total time of 2 years and a month. I can't say I've loved every minute of it, but I really enjoy it, being a certified car nut and all.

We do anything and everything. Any questions you have about recalls or whatever, just ask, I can look that stuff up for you by your VIN and get specific info for your vehicle.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

im at autozone too. GET IN THE ZONE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

I work at a Canadian version of NAPA I guess (Benson Auto Parts). I sell parts to garages like you Ericy321.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

I tune eveything from RX7 to skylines. do alot of customs fab and work..
right now i am working on my car and a 900hp skyline for a coustomer.
he took it to three other shops and they could not do it.. I have been in shit since i was in high school..
in about 1 year from now i will come to the us and make my own shop
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You would do great over here I bet, MJ. I really want to do my own shop. We dont have any shops around here focused on performance or anything so I would be able to make good money
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Vehicle: 1999 hyundai tiburon

i work at a tire and lube shop doing undercoating, tires, and oil changes and stuff. and i do side jobs for freinds in my rent-a-shop for cash. its sad, my freinds can pay for all this stuff being done to the car and im still saving for my new soundsystem lol
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra

My turn I suppose:

I work in a Western Auto as a Lube/Tire Tech. Before that I worked in an independant shop doing a variety of things and learning doing that. Unfortuately, they didn't do as much business as they wanted to and I had to be let go. Its a shame because I loved the job.

On the side I do everything from: Turbo installs/un-installs, Headers, Exhaust, head gaskets. A whole host of things. I'm still learning but I learn incredibuly fast wink1.gif I absolutely LOVE doing engine work, I might try and pick up a second job in an engine machine shop.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Currently I am working for Oreilly Auto Parts, I have been there since April of this year. Also I am going to The School of Automotive Machinists here in Houston. Everything we do is strictly performance engines. Boring, Honing, Balancing, Engine Dyno, Porting, EVERYTHING. S.A.M. I willl be graduating like January of 2009 and I even might take there CNC course after that. I hope to end up at like a NHRA Pro Stock race shop or something of that nature.

Before that I was working at Brake Check for almost 1 year.