Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who The Hell Is In California Or Close By?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what kills me guys. I have a friggin million GK guys everywhere out here in LA. They all get tons of stuff, parts made, this and that, and all you dedicated RD guys are far as hell away. I always see stuff about parts cars, blaw blaw blaw, local pick up only, on the east coast. So who is in Cali, who is in NV or AZ and what are we gonna do about it? I need some more RD peeps. I started out back when HP was in its infancy, and I even signed up on TeamSR.org right after FXtreme. MY first experience with the forums, I met the great Random, Jaws021, Spiffywerks, and Sonic, 4 very knowledgable dudes amongst the RD guys. First thing they did was teach me how to pull my automatic for a manual, use my shop manuals for crazy re-wiring, move my Rev-A crap to the back, etc. I was blown away.

Random sold off everything, then got married. He's gone.
Jaws021 sold off everything, then moved away for work. He's gone.
Spiffywerks just kinda fell off, but still has his tib, but never drives it.
Sonic sold me his hideous turbocharged RD2, which I drive everyday and hate.
I damn near destroyed every good thing about my RD1 for you guys, then dropped the ball.

So, 5 OGs, 5 well known cars... Just me left.

Where you at guys? Who's in Cali, and who can help me with development? I need stock parts for Megan Racing to make us Coilovers, Exhausts, etc. And all my cars are too heavily modded for anything new. HEEEEELP.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I still talk to Random every once in a while. Him and I started up in the scene together (way back on FxTreme), along with Jaws and Brad (Yamenenko), and Sam (from Shark Racing). In fact, Random was signed onto Hyundai Aftermarket the other day. smile.gif If you have to get in touch with him, I can always call him up this weekend and tell him to reach out to you. Alot of the OG guys are over there because of the newsletters I send out all the time. Most of them still have their working email addy's and they pop in now and then to see how everything is going. So if you need to get in touch with anyone from back in the day, let me know and I'll tell them to email or PM you. I can get you a list of West Coast people also, since I have a master list of all my members seperated by region (its all about proper marketing and reaching your targeted segment base). Then if you wanted to do your own email blast or something, you could reach out to them and tell them to come out to a meet.

Let me know. I'll be glad to help out if you need it. smile.gif
Old 05-22-2008, 11:05 AM

I just sold Random's fenders recently 02.gif But they went to a good home.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM

Oh Josh, those dorks come hang out and get together with me for dinner when we all have clear schedules. I'm not all nostalgic missing my buds, I just need Tib owners, lol. Me and Sonic recently showed up like an hour late to Randoms wedding, and Jaws was still out of town in training I think. Spiffy still kicks it with the Hyper Auto guys, mainly GK dudes, and hits me up from time to time. We're probably always gonna be tight, but non of them have anything to do with the community really anymore, so I need a new batch of retardedly dedicated RD guys smile.gif
Old 05-22-2008, 12:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/tiburon

I live in south border of CA. In Mexicali, Baja, Mexico and I got a 2001 tib with Auto tranny and it´s complete stock, and that´s the reason I´m at this forum learn about the mod´s.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM

Want a free set of bumpers? I need some stock parts, and the dealer wants like 400 bucks for new front and rear bumpers. I need a set of stock springs and struts as well. But you're still hours and hours away from me.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ive got stock struts and springs. To bad im in WI or Id be helping out a whole lot more.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/tiburon

Blacktibs Posted Today, 12:08 PM
Want a free set of bumpers? I need some stock parts, and the dealer wants like 400 bucks for new front and rear bumpers. I need a set of stock springs and struts as well. But you're still hours and hours away from me.

Hell yea I want a set of free bumpers, in fact I need the front one...and yeap there is like 4 hours in distance...
Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 PM

I just need perfect condition stock bumpers, and anyone who wants gets some free VS style bumpers. They're not gonna be super thick, crazy top quality parts, but they'll be free, lol. Eric, could you see about how much to ship those via USPS? That'd be killer man, and thanks for the extra bones on that rad. Its shipping from Koyo Cooling today.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sweet. Ill check. They are actually on the car but I have replacements so Ill look into it.