Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Who Has The Coolest Cell Phone?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

ok this is just out of sheer bordom at 6am.

rules:
type of phone:
model number:
color:
style: candy bar, slider, clam shell
what makes it cool to you:
Cons:
your own review of the phone:

Me:

phone brand: Audiovox(utstar technologies)
model: Pocket pc 6700 sprint
color: silver
style: side slider
I'm surfing the site and posting this on it. Full qwerty keyboard, touch screen disply, built in wi-fi internet connection, and a 1.3mega-pixel camera/video capture device. Predictive text learns from you and uses words that you have recenty used as the first choices.

Downsides? Wi-fi kills battery life really quick. The estimated 4.5hrs of talk time is relitivly accurate as long as that's all you did after you unplugged it. Average battery life is 15hrs between charges. Phone requires an evdo data plan only 15$ extra a month. I also recommend unlimited txt messaging as the full keyboard makes it a lot easier to type a lot! Only 8mb of usable storage, and no gps usage as of yet. The phone uses gps but its not activated for users.

Overall a good phone. I recommended the fat hc battery from ebay. Perfect device for people who don't want a laptop to lug around with them. Supermobility at its finest. Just keep a power cord near by when using internet explorer and wireless internet connections.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:18 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

type of phone:LG Prada
model number: KE850
color:black
style: candy bar
what makes it cool to you: nothing it was a gift

Network: Triband GSM: 1900 / 900 / 1800 (Works Worldwide) handy when i go to japan
Display: Touch Screen
Dimensions: 98.8 × 54 × 12 mm
Weight: 85g / 3 oz
Battery: Talk Time: 180 mins
Standby: 300 hrs

2 Megapixel Camera with LED Flash
Macromedia Flash UI
Music Player (MP3, ACC, ACC+, WMA, RA)
External Memory Slot (Micro SD)
Bluetooth 2.0
USB Mass storage
Document Viewer (ppt, doc, xls, pdf, txt )

Cons: talk time and i can't swich the battey out. and i have to carry around the touchpad pen
Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm busy, so short and sweet....

type of phone: Palm Treo
model number: 755p
color: Blue
style: PDA
what makes it cool to you: Fast Web, great color interface, cool games, PDA functionality, E-Mail ability, Touchscreen
Cons: When battery gets low it becomes slow; can't turn it off (can turn phone portion off, but not actual device); doesn't have option for ringer AND vibrate, it's either one or the other; the microphone picks up TOO WELL, if I'm talking to you, you can hear other people in the room with me whispering. This is good for me since I speak softly.

your own review of the phone: I love it. Provides all the options I wanted and great e-mail software. Has cool color graphic games, Palm support for problems, touchscreen, fast web. Picks up your voice very well, easy 3-way calling, easy to switch back and forth between calls when someone beeps in, had bluetooth capabilities. $15/mo. for unlimited data plan.
Treo > Most Blackberry phones.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

type of phone:Motorola
model number:slvr l7
color:black/gunmetal
style: candy bar
what makes it cool to you: Lasted me over two years now, great modding community, tiny, itunes.
Cons:smallish screen, but that goes with small bar phones
your own review of the phone: When I got this phone I was going back and forth between the slvr and a smart phone of some type. I ended up going with the slvr due to it's size. I've had several slip phone and didn't want another either(just another complication to break). It's been a great phone. There are much more advanced phones out now(ie then new slvr l7e) but it's been a great phone for me.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 AM

Type of Phone: Apple
Model: iPhone 8 Gig
Style: Candy bar I guess
Pros: Love the google maps and the weather, on screen keyboard rocks once you get used to it. I am also a big fan of the touch screen.
Cons: As of now, Apple has the phone locked down to 3rd party apps, which sucks. The phone uses AT&T's Edge network which is much slower than the 3G network. Battery life is not as good as it could be

My Review: Apple has a good gadget on thier hands, but they need to address some of the issues, such as custom ring tones and opening it up to 3rd party apps and mods.....and they definitely need to move it off of Edge and onto 3G