Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

White-pride

Old 09-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default White-pride

I'm sure this will cause a firestorm of controversy.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...tthew-heimbach

A Towson University student says he's gathering support for a white-pride organization on campus, a semester after his efforts to start a related group stalled amid a campuswide debate over race and free speech.

Matthew Heimbach, a senior U.S. history major, is leading the effort to create a White Student Union. His former group, Youth for Western Civilization, had sparked controversy with its public displays against Islam, same-sex marriage and multicultural education.

That group disbanded after it lost the support of its faculty sponsor, but Heimbach said he hopes his new organization will promote white identity without disparaging other people.

The purpose of the union is to provide a support network for whites on campus who feel they are discriminated against because of their race, he said.

"It comes a point where we're not directly involved in what happened centuries ago and our culture just perpetuates the guilt cycle," he said. "We want to provide a positive view of white identity."

Heimbach is seeking affiliation with the Student Government Association, which would help the group get student activities funding after a year, and would allow members to use university meeting rooms without being charged.

The designation requires a university-approved constitution, at least seven student members, and a faculty or staff adviser. Heimbach said has secured nine members, but he declined to name them without their permission. He said he also met with a professor who he hopes will become a faculty adviser. He would not name the professor.

Victor Collins, the university's assistant vice president of student affairs for diversity, said he believes Heimbach's group should be treated like other campus groups as long as its members meet the requirements and obey Towson's rules. Though he supports the group's First Amendment rights, he said, he does not agree that Towson's campus is prejudiced against whites.

"They think they are a parallel comparison to the Black Student Union," Collins said. "In my observation in American society and history, I don't know if white students have been discriminated against or denied access to intuitions. This is a predominantly white institution. I don't understand why they have to [form.]"

Discuss
Old 09-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I have no problem with a pro-white group as long as they're not anti other races. I believe it's possible (but difficult) to be pro-white without being a hate group. I personally don't think we need a pro-white support system, but I won't disparage someone who does.

Although, I will say that based on this particular individual's history, I believe he IS looking to start a hate group, but is trying to legitimize it.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Heimbach said has secured nine members, but he declined to name them without their permission. He said he also met with a professor who he hopes will become a faculty adviser. He would not name the professor.

I seem to remember another pro-white group that didn't want their names known to the public.

I have no problem with a pro-white group as long as they're not anti other races. I believe it's possible (but difficult) to be pro-white without being a hate group. I personally don't think we need a pro-white support system, but I won't disparage someone who does.

Although, I will say that based on this particular individual's history, I believe he IS looking to start a hate group, but is trying to legitimize it.

110%
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I think buddy should just shut his mouth and be glad he's white and hasn't had to deal with any REAL racism.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^ news flash, that right there is racism.

If you are proud of your color, good for you. Also be proud that you are able to stand on the planet by means of the force of gravity which is ALSO something you can't control and had no input in creating. _______ (fill in your color here) pride groups are stupid, and people who join them are as well. This includes but is not limited to everyone in the congressional black and hispanic caucuses. My question is: if "you people" git te have yer black cawkis, wha caint I has mah WHITE cawkis by dingo!?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Heh, heh, heh... You said cock us.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Heh, heh, heh... You said cock us.