Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

White House sets out looming climate risks for U.S., calls for 'urgent action'

Old 05-06-2014, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default White House sets out looming climate risks for U.S., calls for 'urgent action'

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1

Cliffs:
  • "Americans are noticing changes all around them," a new report says
  • It outlines the dangers different parts of the country could face from climate change
  • The report's findings "underscore the need for urgent action," the White House says
  • The assessment was produced over several years by more than 300 experts

Old 05-07-2014, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I really wish I still had it, but during the hurricane Katrina disaster National Geographic ran a cover article about the natural warming phase that the earth is going through which is supposed to peak in another 20 years iirc. Funny enough it also predicted Hurricane Irene, Ike, Sandy and even Typhoon Haiyan as a result of the, and I'll emphasize here because it's the most important term, naturally occurring warming trend.

As a side note I have a cousin that is responsible for taking deep sea core samples, and has stated many times that the core samples that her team has seen over the years are constant in showing a brief warming trend roughly every 500 years.

In my opinion, every time Washington DC tries to get involved in science it just devalues my opinion in that specific theory. I know lots of scientists are eager to jump on the global warming "climate change" bandwagon, but ponder for just a moment how much of that has to do with grant money passing hands. There's no doubt in my mind that corrupt politics, that I think we can all accept exists on both sides of the fence, will clamor to gush billions of dollars in government funds to buy the endorsement of these scientists in an attempt to "prove" their side of the argument. Politics and damn near anything make for a sketchy relationship.