Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Where will we be in....

Old 02-13-2003, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Where will we be in....

5 years? 10 years?

Alot of us have been in the Hyundai scene since the very beginning. T-H-C, FxTreme, Hyundai Tuner, TSR, and even before HP went down for a few months. With new sites spawning up like HA, and all the 3rd gen tib forums, it makes me wonder what the future holds. It's pretty obvious that most of the old skoolers will not be around forever, and eventually people will part ways. But what will happen then? Is this all a training so to speak for the new people who are just getting involved with the scene? Will the people who have been around for a long time end up being forgotten? Where will the Hyundai scene be at in the next 5 or 10 years? It messes with your head when you wonder about these things. No one ever thought FxTreme would go down and it would be around forever. But like all things, it had to come to an end and people moved on. I don't think HP or HA or the other sites will stay here forever, but it's also evident that when something or someone parts ways, something else that's new will pop up. So is this an endless circle of knowledge with new people over and over, so to speak?

And no..I'm not on crack when typing this. I'm seriously curious as to what the future holds for all of this. Will it continue to grow and get bigger and bigger with new people taking the lead, or will it slowly faze out like how all things eventually do?

I want to keep this as SERIOUS discussion, so tell me what your thoughts and opinions are.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

After having my Tiburon for a while now, I like Hyundai. I would consider buying another when it's time to get a new car. Even if I didn't buy a Hyundai I would stick around until there wasn't many 2001 owners around, and even then I might check in every couple of weeks to see how things were. In FIVE years there will be a new Tiburon, that's odd to think about, isn't it? Does "05Tiburon.com" have a nice ring to it?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:44 AM

Being the owner of a Daewoo, I consider where me and my car will be in 2-3 years.

What if GM still treat us as inexistant ?
I want to be able to have my car repaired without waiting 3 months for a sensor. And I can get more info on this forum and on the daewootech forum more than anywhere else. SO I'll saty here as long as my Lanos will still be running.

Anyway, I'll probably get another car in the next 3 years. Probably a Nissan, but I'll probably be stiil here sometime.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:19 AM

well, i plan on keeping my car for the rest of my life as a weekend/project car. i think many of the ppl from tsr, t-h-c, ha, and fxtreme will be remembered, if they've made their mark. random, red, and some others will be remembered, but i would hope that ppl like them never leave the scene. there are people that have been in other scenes since their younger years, like mustang scenes and whatnot, so i see no reason why we can't be old and still into hyundais or tibs. i'm 21 and never plan on leaving my tib or the scene, but i know that things change. i can only hope. i have a site in the works. i have some ideas for it, but i can't share them with the rest of you. wink

hyundaiturbulence.net

[ February 13, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: turbulence ]
Old 02-13-2003, 06:05 AM

i plan on keeping my car until it craps out on me. also, u forgot the other model-specific sites like importshark.com, elantraxd.com, and the soon-to-come www.sonataspeed.com.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

I'm on to my second Hyundai now, like a lot of people on the Hyundai forums and I don't really see myself buying a different kind of car within the next ten years. I know I'll be around on this site (and more so on the EXD forums) for a long time to come and with all the info I've learned within the last year and a half I'll be able to give it to new people. Its hard to say if people like Random, Red, Bat Lord, etc will be here forever, but I think its safe to say that they will be as they have put so much into their Hyundai's and the scene in general. I also expect for aftermarket support to keep rising for all Hyundais (a lot because of the new tib), which will lead to Hyundai's becoming more important in the import tuning scene in general. And one day a beta swap into an Accent will be as easy as putting in clear corners, turbo'ing a tib and Elantra will be as easy as installing some gauge faces... and people will still be giving their money away to HDK for some reason... thats what I think.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:58 AM

My goal is as follows to my car...

Bullet proof 100%
Make it amphibious (My shark will swim!)
All kinds of neat gadgets I can't even list them all....

Laugh now you will see *evil grin*

oh and i will keep my baby forever!
Old 02-13-2003, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

5 years? Maybe by then, I'll have my car turbocharged and running quict times. I can't imagine what the scene's going to be like in that time. I've been in the scene for two years. I've seen the glory days of FXtreme and the beginnings of TSR. My knowledge has deepened and I know more about my car than probably almost all of my countrymen (maybe).

I think we should not worry about the future but instead face the twisted present and ride the wave and see where it will take us. Then, we could absorb what's going on and remember the old times fondly.

Who knows, in a year, we'll all look back in this thread and smile on our predictions.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:01 PM

Weirdguy:
Being the owner of a Daewoo, I consider where me and my car will be in 2-3 years.

What if GM still treat us as inexistant ?
I want to be able to have my car repaired without waiting 3 months for a sensor. And I can get more info on this forum and on the daewootech forum more than anywhere else. SO I'll saty here as long as my Lanos will still be running.

Anyway, I'll probably get another car in the next 3 years. Probably a Nissan, but I'll probably be stiil here sometime.
GM's already announced the first Daewoo (the Kalos) coimg out, being sold under the name Chevrolet Aveo. I guess you didn't get the letter explaining that Daewoo warranties were back in full effect and parts are on the way to the warehouse?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:39 PM

The last letter I received from Daewoo was about the airbag recall...

Daewoo Canada came out of business totally... Maybe that's why.

But what you said is like music to my eyes... I jsut hope Canada will not be left out.