Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Where were you on 9/11?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD
Default Where were you on 9/11?

RIP

I was in my Sophmore history class when an announcement came over the intercom to stay in the class rooms and turn on the tvs. As soon as we did the 2nd plane hit. I was scared because my cousin worked in a building less than a block away from there. I remember it like it was yesterday.

One of the main reasons I joined the USAF.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I remember being at home (not too sure why I wasn't at work, I think I was off for training or something??). My mom called me and told me turn on the TV. I spent the rest of the day staring into the TV screen in dis-belief. I still can't believe something like that even happened.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

At work, when someone came in and said something came over the radio about a plane hitting the first tower. We had a TV in the break room at the time, and for the rest of the day...the entire company was glued to it. Saw the 2nd plane hit, and saw both towers come down live. Went out to dinner that night with my GF at the time, and the entire restaurant was glued to the tv's they had on, as the president gave his speech.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

In my dorm. Just got out of the shower and saw missed calls out the ass. Called my dad and he told me to turn on the TV. I asked which channel, he said any channel. I remember our conversation clear as day.

Went to my first class, 500+ student Biology lecture. Professor had news on the projector, told the students to take the day off from all classes and pay attention, we'd remember it for the rest of our lives.

I remember seeing fighter jets flying around, campus was only 20 miles from Oak Ridge Nuclear Facility.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I was on the way home from a job across town when I heard on the radio that "a plane" had hit the first building. They were really playing it down so I thought they meant a small plane. Got home just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. It was bone chilling to watch. Like most, spent the rest of the day glued to the TV for updates.

Also turns out my dads cousin was working in the pentagon not far from where the plane hit. He never told us much about it, but I can't even imagine that.

Every time someone give me the "get over it" speech, it just infuriates me. It's an important moment in history and shan't be forgotten. It shows not only how vulnerable we are as a society, but more importantly how strong we can be untied. Never forget, and never allow it to be forgotten.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

I was sitting in Atlanta's airport waiting to board a plane to go to Air Force basic training. That trip was postponed a week.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

I was in school and they didn't show it to us. When I got home my parents were watching it on tv and told us to come sit and watch. Being from Jersey and the rest of my family growing up in Jersey and NY it hit hard.