Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Where were you?

Old 09-11-2004, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blown Clutch?

I was at the cafe at college ... Everyone just piled in and watched .. Barly anyone even talked .. We just sat there shocked ...
Old 09-11-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Wiring harness w/aftermarket bulbs?

i was sitting in my zoology class... i was a senior in high school.... i saw the second tower get hit live on t.v.... probably one of the most shocking things i've ever seen in my life.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default Re: Blown Clutch?

I had just awaken in my dorm room. I took a shower, and as I was getting out, my phone rang. My dad asked what I was doing, and if I had the TV on.
I said no, what channel? And he said, "it doesn't matter, turn it on and you'll see"

then I woke up my roommate... classes were immediately cancelled that day by our professors. Very rare occassion for the University of Tennessee to completely shut down with over 30,000 undergrad students.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: Where were you?

I had woken up at 8:30 that morning. did some morning things, and got on my AIM. a friend of mine asked, "you watchin the TV" and i replied, "no, should i".... I also saw the 2nd plane hit, and then the preceding events. I was just in awe. I had to stop, however and go to work at Burger King and wasn't able to watch for most of the day. I did, however, bring my walkman and was just listenin to it on the radio...

This is our generations Kennedy Assassination. Theirs is "where were you when Kennedy was shot." Ours is "where were you on 9/11." No year necessary...

just a sad day for America
Old 09-11-2004, 01:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Shims...how important?

I was at work...my co-worker had just got in and stated that there was 2 planes crashed into the towers. I told him he was lying...so our building turned on the tv's in the breakroom, and there it was coverage of the 2 planes crashing one after another. I had a glazed look in my face and my eyes were watering. Just thinking about the consequenses of the after effects of this disaster. A lot of the associates could not work so it was a total loss of a day..

Yes it was a sad day for America, but it has made us stronger!!!!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:48 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: EBC Greenstuff

i was at school, in AP european history class, 11th grade. didnt witness the second one hitting.

i can specifically remember seeing "fire at the pentagon" on the ticker on CNN, and thinking to myself "Great, another thing to add" not even thinking that something hit that too.

a former student of my high school was killed in the pentagon. i wasnt in school when he was, but i had spoken to his sister a few times.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Stainless Steel Brake Lines GB #3 *PAY UP!!!*

I was dressed up in my combat gear, packing the car to head to post for deployment to Fort Irwin California for a month. Get this.

I was supposed to fly at 9:15 that morning.

So anyways. We got our stuff packed up and were told we were going to be deployed to Iraq or somewhere instead of Fort Irwin to fight back. I ended up flying on the second flight in the air after they resumed limited flights.

I was scared out my ass.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:01 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent
Default Re: FS: My Car! 1998 Tiburon SE

i was in 3rd period "music theory", teacher came running in and told us what happened, at first i thought it was a private plane, then when i found out it was a 747, i left school with a bunch of friends, and went to "cloud 9" its a place me and a bunch of my friends go to drink and hang out, its the highest point on the west end of Long Island, and we watched the buildings fall , a couple of my good friends lost parents in those buildings. its an image i'll never forget!
Old 09-13-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: FS: My Car! 1998 Tiburon SE

I was contracting at Reynolds & Reynolds working on their network design team....it was kind of scary because just like everyone else, we didn't think too much of it at first. Then the second plane hit and all HELL broke loose. We were sent home early and all I could think about was my family, especially the immediate family, because we weren't living that far from Wright-Patt Air Force Base. We were sent home and I had to take a detour because the majority of downtown was closed....it really sucked and I hope and pray to never have to go through that again. A lot of views changed once I had a kid...even something small makes you worry about them and the future is just plain scary. I don't understand how in this day and age a People can still live under such a person and actually respect and follow them to the extent of murder, genocide and suicide? I don't understand why everyone can't just get along. I know there will be arguements but.....well you all know what I mean.
I will stop my rant now.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Kspec GT/Racing Header Group Buy *10/10 9/10*

I was on top of a 40' ladder painting some trim.....

My freind/co-worker happened to be inside the home when the 1st plane hit.

Of course I got off of the ladder and made it inside just in time to see the second one hit.

On a slighty happier note, my best freind got married on saturday.....so 9/11 wont always be a sad day for me.

She married a K-9 officer, and is also contemplating becoming a police officer herself.