Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Where is the Mitt Romney hidden camera thread saying he doesnt care about 47%

Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Where is the Mitt Romney hidden camera thread saying he doesnt care about 47%

Of Americans?

Lol

Game, set, match

Good night sweet prince
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Not surprising enough for me to start a thread over.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The question from somebody at a private fundraiser was: what do you have to do to win.

The answer to somebody who is already in romney's camp was: I don't have to worry about the 47% that are guaranteed to vote for obama.

An explanation is not necessary because the people who are not so stupid they would vote for obamunism again are not going to vote for mittens anyway. 36% are sure to vote for romney because he is an R. The contest is going to be a billion dollars to get the votes of maybe 10% of the population to vote for one or the other.

BUT

This can be demagogued, and the press don't want their demigod to lose the elction, so expect to see this non-story as headline news until something surprising happens.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Not surprising these are the attacks seen. Lets be fair, Obama can't run on his record as president, and if he tries to make promises again people will begin to see through them, threatening his current campaign. Romney has no presidential record and therefor is a bit threatening as he represents a potential change. (Anyone else find that ironic?) What I am constantly shocked by is people fall for the Obama bullshit. Honestly, the more Romney talks the more I like him. A presidential candidate shouldn't be making promises he knows he can't keep. You shouldn't agree with him on all issues (because there's a good chance he's being deliberately vague if not flat out lying.) And he definitely shouldn't have an entourage of fainting, fanatical fans. This should have been the first warning, and if you watch any of the early footage of him, he was constantly scanning the crowd to gauge approval. He's a great speaker and I can commend him for that, he has a definite affinity to public situations and no doubt charisma to spare; but as a president, the last thing out country needs is a middle management "yes" man. What we as a county basically did was vote in a modern day Joseph Smith.

More topically, why oh why does anyone in this day/age hear half of a quote and assume that it's factually relevant? If anyone is able to get on youtube and splice footage, what makes you think a huge news organization, or political party for that matter, isn't capable of such? Damn near half of this country gets back all of the money they pay into income taxes. That obviously doesn't include medicare, social security, etc. You're basically suckling the government teat and they know it. The Dems are using a very typical scare tactic to try to encourage you to vote for them. If you can't see through it, the jist of what the party is saying is "that mean old, rich white guy over there wants to take away your free ride. Momma Obama will protect you." Don't be a tool. Anyone who wants to back Obama this year I challenge to come up with 3... just 3 accomplishments in his term as president. And no, Obamacare does NOT count unless you have read each and every page of the document and can backup our counties ability to fund it while social security is going bankrupt and as a country we sit 16 TRILLION dollars in debt. I don't think people realize how much money that really is!! IF a single human being was to try to spend 16 trillion dollars by spending 1 dollar every second of their life, it would take over 50,694 DECADES!!! That's roughly (rounded down) half of one million YEARS to spend that much. That is a f*cking scary number people. You're dealing with a president who spends a fraction of that like it's nothing, yet demonized our previous hole-in-the-wallet-of-America for 1/3 of his spending even accounted for inflation; yet tries to sell you on the evils of "rich" people. Talk about hypocrisy.

Not to say that Romney is a saint either, but given the choice of being shot in the foot or in the dick? I'm choosing the foot.

If you think for one moment that one party is "in your corner," you're bound to have a huge wake-up call some day very soon.

Dems = wealthy people who want to control wealth to scare their political mass.

Reps = wealthy people who want to control wealth to encourage their political mass.

It's a puppet show either direction, and as simple as a half-full, half-empty scenario. Call me crazy, but I prefer the option that will allow me to grow and an individual. If you want nothing more in life than a 3rd grade equivalent education and a Walmart door greeter salary, by all means, go enjoy the f*ck out of yourself! But don't drag the rest of us with aspirations down to your level because of some jealous misconception(s).
Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Shuffling occupants of an empty chair will make no difference.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

This can be demagogued, and the press don't want their demigod to lose the elction, so expect to see this non-story as headline news until something surprising happens.

He admitted this. He's basically saying that 47% rely on the govt anyway, so they're going to vote Obama anyway therefore he's not focusing his campaign on them like the Obama admin is doing, which would explain his conservative campaign.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
He admitted this. He's basically saying that 47% rely on the govt anyway, so they're going to vote Obama anyway therefore he's not focusing his campaign on them like the Obama admin is doing, which would explain his conservative campaign.

It's ridiculous to think that someone who is getting funds from the government they will not vote for Obama. For one you're talking about more than just unemployed or the welfare cases and the number is a lot higher than 47% IMHO. Military pay, SS, Government workers, defense contractors.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Good thing Obama gave them all that for free!
Old 09-20-2012, 02:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

It's ridiculous to think that someone who is getting funds from the government they will not vote for Obama. For one you're talking about more than just unemployed or the welfare cases and the number is a lot higher than 47% IMHO.

That's why he will win, and why he won Ohio primary. Expect Obamacare and more taxes in the next 4 years.

Momma Obama will protect you." Don't be a tool. Anyone who wants to back Obama this year I challenge to come up with 3... just 3 accomplishments in his term as president.

There are so many primitives (in the world) they will vote for him simply because "he" killed Osama.

Dems = wealthy people who want to control wealth to scare their political mass.

Reps = wealthy people who want to control wealth to encourage their political mass.

Dems = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8pC8iYQSXI

Reps = Realize capitalist economy is driven by business not govt driven. Let's help businesses hire people. Let's get people to work by encouraging more business and commercial growth.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

less than 1/2 of that 47% are tax exempt due to low income. More than 1/2 are small business owners with write-offs, military or other folks who just don't need to pay.