Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wheels question

Old 09-23-2002, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default Wheels question

This question isnt so much about the wheels as it is about the wheel well.
If i wanna get new rims for my 2000 Nubira...how big of wheels can i get? i had a friend get some 17's for his car and they ended up being too big to fit into the wheel well...Daewoo Nubira's ( i think ) seem to have a fairly large wheel well... safely, how big of wheels do you think i could purchase without gettin too close to rubbin?

I want to get 17's but really cant afford tires for anything bigger...
anyone able to help?
also, any ideas for cool lookin rims?
my car is a midnight blue color so i wanted to get some whitewash color Konig Rated R rims...just ideas
Old 09-23-2002, 09:03 PM

well once again i speak....i have 17" rims on my car and they fit fine, i think even 18" rims would work too. but if you want to play it safe and only have enough money for 17's...get them. if you lower the car afterwards you still wont have a problem....you'll enough space between the wheel and the wheel well for a finger to fit in there. it'll look good.....good luck!
Old 09-23-2002, 09:33 PM

You can fit 205/40-17 tyres with the least interferance overall. These have an overall diameter of 23.5ins. The stock tyres are 188/65-14 and have 23.5ins also!! Use these and you'll see the least intereferance with clearance as well as speedo reading. Technically, it appears that using 215/35-18 and not see too much change, overall diameter of 24.8, but I would stick with that 17 inch. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:11 AM

i got 225/40/18 on my ride but i got a daewoo leganza i put 19's on it before no rub at all just stay at a 35/19 tire and u will be kool. stick with chrome get more noticed not a racing machine "u go fast and crash and ill go slow and show" peace out niggs got my lowering springs today hey they got lowering springs for daewoo at http://www.mmrusa.com/bgdaewoo.htm check it and they are cheap eibach is discontuing tha spring go with these these guys dont rip u off they give u some extras also with ur springs late all.