Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Whats your DMV like?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tib/03 Silverado
Default Whats your DMV like?

Just wondering what its like as your DMV's. Went today and it took me about 20 minutes to get in and out to transfer a title and get new plates for my other car. It was a very easy and fairly pleasant experience, no salty DMV employees or anything of that nature. However, there is something about the DMV's around here that feel like a welfare office, no matter which location I go to. Kids running around screaming unsupervised, pregnant teenagers, and people who generally look really down on their luck. Anyone else observe this about their trips to the DMV? Where do the normal looking people go to register their vehicles? lmao.gif
Old 05-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Its pretty much the same here too. Always a ton of super ghetto people, and there's usually a pretty bad smell in most of the DMV's when you walk in. I've always been lucky though and the people working have been pretty nice to me, but Ive heard horror stories of them being nasty towards customers. laugh.gif
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Haven't been to one in Tampa yet... but in Miami it is nothing like how you guys have it. To get my license I had to wait almost 4-5 hours. The line goes out the door and there are no benches all in the Florida summer heat smile.gif Oh and I don't even want to talk about the people there.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

I'm not a fan of going to the DMV where i'm at. Similar scenarios as stated above. I have to wear a sweater or I get a lot of dirty looks for my elbow spiderweb tattoo. The last time I drove by right after they opened, the lobby was filled and the line wrapped around the building almost to the start of the line again. badidea.gif