Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Whats the fastest speeding ticket you have ever gotten?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Whats the fastest speeding ticket you have ever gotten?

I was clocked on radar doing 105mph in a 55mph zone just before my 18th birthday in my old 1991 Camaro RS 6cyl by a chp going in the other direction. I was slowing down from about 115mph because I had just passed 2 cars and a truck pulling a boat when I noticed that the second car of the oncoming traffic was a cop who immediately turned his lights on and made a u-turn so he could get me.

When he came up to the window all he did was ask me for my license, registration and insurance then he just walked away. Of course he came back with a ticket for me to sign and asked how fast I thought I was going and I said 80mph and he was like that's not even close, I clocked you at 105mph. I was like your kidding right, can I see the radar gun? He said sure and let me walk over to his car where it showed his speed as 55mph and mine at 105mph.

I was so lucky that he didn't take me to jail and impound my car. I did go to court to fight it but since I was a minor at the time I had to take my Mom with me to court and I guess the story I told the judge was good enough to get it knocked down to just speeding in a 55mph zone and they also reduced the fine by about 50% and when I asked the judge if he would let me do traffic school so I wouldn't get a point on my record he laughed before saying no.

Needless to say my parents kicked me off their insurance after that ticket and I have not had any more tickets over 100mph.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

80 in a 65. I was caught at higher and got a warning.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:56 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I was late for a wedding back in 04, I just bought my Accent the week before. I was traveling south down highway 416 (100km/h speed limit) in Ottawa going apx 160 km/h (100 mph) when all or a sudden I saw someone walk out into the highway up ahead? It took me a second or two to realize it was a cop, they had the radar set up on the bridge overhead. The police cars were "hidden" by the bridge on the highway. I immediately down shifted and slowed down and pulled off onto the shoulder of the road. Only then did I realize they had 2 other people stopped/pulled over too! oops! I pulled over as far over as I could so the police officer wouldn't be close to the traffic on the highway, the other two people that were pulled over, stopped close to the road and the police officers issuing them tickets were very close to the road/traffic.

Anyway, the cop walked up to my car and asked me what the hurry was? I told him I was late for a wedding and knew I was speeding and apologized (I just wanted to get outta there quick!). The cop then asked how old my car was, I told him a week old. He leaned into the car and checked the odometer...... yup 24 km! He laughed and said something about a new car and first ticket?? IDK! He also made a comment about how big of a ticket this will be! I was scared sh*t-less! He took my license and ownership etc.. and went to his car to write me my ticket. A few minutes later he came back and handed me my ticket......... 115km/h in a 100km/h zone, no points off and a $55 fine! THANK YOU!!!! He said because I was honest and didn't try to bullshit him AND because I pulled so far off the road (he REALLY appreciated that!) he let me off!

he COULD have impounded my car and suspended my license!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

115 in a 40 in my FWD DSM trying to keep up with a built Harley. That was a hell of a fine.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

44 in a 25. I was on radar while airborne going 75 with 8 people in a 5 seater. The cop let me off pretty easy. Took it to court and got it dropped.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

last summer i'm on my bike and get a 100mph in a 65 on monday then two days later i get a 85mph in a 65 from another cop. but second cop was cool put both court days together and i convinced prosecutor to cut me a break so they dropped the 100mph to 78in 65 then they dropped the 85 to a 70 in 65. so in the end i only got 2 points and had to pay like 225 in fines altogether.

sadly the judge asked me why/how i even had a license cause those were convictions 18 and 19 on my traffic record. now i'm around 20something convictions and i still somehow have my licence.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:36 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

lol 48 in a 45 zone, $75 and no points.