Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What was your first accident like?

Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 turbo elantra
Default What was your first accident like?

How many people remember their first accident? Was it your fault or someone elses?

I remember the day I got my license, I was so happy and excited. My parents let me use their Ford Explorer to go pick up some friends and go driving. This was literally about an hour after I got home with my new license. I was about 3 miles from my house sitting at a stop light when a lady who wasnt paying attention slammed into me from behind. She was issued tickets for a bunch of stuff. The Explorer was pretty messed up but it wasnt totalled. I was hysterical and crying and called my parents and told them what happened. They got to the accident scene to try and calm me down just as when cops pulled up. It was a really weird feeling for me because I had just gotten my license and had never been in an accident before.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

I got in my first accident a short while after I got my license. I was following a friend to a carwash in my dad's Ranger and I turned left in front of an oncoming car, but I had enough time. She sped up to hit me. I got turned 90* from the direction I was facing. I got ticketed, but the insurance company determined she was speeding and therefore at fault. Went to court to take care of the ticket and the attorney couldn't find my paperwork so it got dismissed. What a pain in the ass...
Old 07-14-2010, 12:14 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

My first accident was I was on my way to school about 6 months after I had received my license and I was driving my 98 Ranger. It was regular traffic going about 35 mph in a 55 mph zone. A group of cars were approaching a red light, when all of a sudden a car cuts off the car a couple cars ahead and slams HARD on the brake. This caused a chain reaction where the driver in front of me was less than a foot away from the truck in front of him and I wasn't able to react in time. So we collided at about 10 mph. And the truck in front of me hit the truck in front of him. And the bastard car just drove off without a scratch.

My luck was that an ambulance was driving right along side us when it happened, so they pulled off with all 3 green trucks (lol) and called the police. I was held at fault by insurance, but received no tickets.

The best part was my friend was with me at the time and the person that I hit was actually a teacher at my school. So he gave us a ride. My truck's front end was a little messed up, but just needed to be bent back out. Legally not drivable.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

6 WEEKS after I got my Tib, some lady pulled out of a parking lot looking right (I was coming from the left) and she hit my rear quarter panel (rear passenger wheel) and spun me around several times. I was so pissed...

I was stnading in the middle of the road wearing bright orange workout pants and a bright blue shirt (just came from tanning) and smelling like mango or some crap (tanning lotion). I felt embarassed. I was only 17.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I smashed my Blazer into a deer at 25-30mph in the middle of the night. I saw it, but it was a huge buck and I was so excited that I forgot to slow down. I did manage to slow from 65 though right at the last second. The Blazer was pretty much totaled, although I straightened it up a bit and wired headlights back on it and drove it that way for a while.

The deer got up and walked away.

I was 18.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 12 second tib

Run full speed into a brick wall, pretty much sums up what that felt like...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

I was 22, it was icy out, and my Wrangler wasn't in 4x4. I started to spin out, spun into oncoming traffic, and totaled both my Wrangler and the other ladies brand new pathfinder in one shot. Couple of open head wounds and 3 broken ribs....... and the crazy insurance rates I had to pay for the next 4 years told me to slow down a bit when the weather gets to be less than favorable!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I was going around a curve in the road to the right when the left/rear lower control arm gave out on my '82 Corolla Tercel SR5. The wheel folded under the car and I spun. I went tail first into a parked car.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was picking up some dog food for my friend. Some chick talking on her cell phone side swiped me with her Escalade. It was a hit-and-run and she was never found again. I had to pay $500 for insurance. Out of hundreds of witnesses, only one guy was brave enough to guide traffic, help me pull over the side and talk to the police. He was only in High school. I hope karma will treat him well for the rest of his life wherever he is.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

I was driving to school in my 95 Dodge Shadow when some lady decided to cross 4 lanes of traffic and cut off the car in front of me. The teacher in front of me hit her brakes and I her going 55. It felt like bumper cars just bigger. My Shadow's front end was gone and the only damamge to the Camry in front of me was that the bumper had popped out a little.