Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

what is proper laundry room etiquette

Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default what is proper laundry room etiquette

so we have 1 washer and 1 dryer for 6 apartments here it takes 40 minutes to dry and 20 to wash

what do you believe to be proper protocol for these situations

1. ive been doing laundry all day, i have 1 load in the washer and 1 load in the dryer
washer is finished and dryer is not

is it ok for the other tenants to remove my clothing from the washer and put it on top of the dryer?

2. 1 load washing 1 load drying and i still have 1 load to do
other tenant puts his dirty clothes ontop of the washer

is it ok for me to do my last load of clothes or should i let him wash his first?

3. other tenant has had a load of cloths in the drier for 4 hours and mine have been done washing for 3, is it ok for me to remove there clothes so i can dry mine?

i know this is a bunch of bullshit but its the first time ive been in a situation like this is almost 10 years, man i cant wait for my house to sell so i can get my own damn house here
Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I guess it goes both ways. If you remove someones clothes from a dryer that's been there for multiple hours, then they should be able to do the same to you. I personally would never touch another persons clothes, unless it was like my wife's or something. laugh.gif

And just because....

Old 07-25-2010, 12:26 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm

well played sir
Old 07-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

When I lived in apartments, that's what everyone did. Laundry takes a long time and people take time off just to do laundry. So it's important to do it ASAP. If it's done, I see no problem putting the laundry on top of the machine.

Now, if the person who puts it in a bag and walks off and steals my laundry.. then we have problems. When visited Florida in March, I was washing/drying all of my clothes. I was literally down to my pajama pants and a white t-shirt, no boxers. When I came back to the laundry room to check the status of the Dryer, I see a Filipino Woman with a huge trashbag walking out. I took a glimpse of the clear black trash bag and noticed my SpongeBob square pants boxers. I yelled at her and she didn't speak English so she probably thought I was some rapist. She ran off into the dark. I walked to the courtesy desk so I can phone the Police then walked back to my room. I decided to look around the Hotel to see if my laundry or the woman was in sight. Around the corner I see all of my clothes on the dirty floor with lizards and frogs around it. The End.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:52 PM

sponge bob boxers

and you wonder why your almost a virgin
Old 07-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Vehicle: Accent GL 2002

Maybe do your laundry very early/late?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon

In my dorm last year I would take other peoples clothes out of the dryer and place them on the table next to the dryers and if someones clothes were in the wash I would take them out and put them in the dryer and leave the dryer door open.