Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What does the word FAP mean?

Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default What does the word FAP mean?

Read this for your answers: http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=37578

Some of the other topics on that site are beyond hysterical!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

my god the trolling opportunities on that forum are endless
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

Holy crap. I just spent 10 minutes reading a few threads on that site. I would like to share a few things I READ.

We believe that 9/11 was God's punishment for New York's sinfulness, and that Jews and feminists are evil

We believe that gays are the #1 threat to civilization

We believe that gays should be executed like the nazis were

We believe that women shouldn't vote

We want to burn synogogues, censor everything, and ban immoral speech.

and my favorite:

We believe that all homosexuals are baby-raping monsters who deserve to be executed

A member showing his support:

and yet there are people out there who find our views and attitudes 'strange' and 'aggressively closeminded'. Those people should be imprisoned or shot. Gods word obviously cant get through to everyone, no matter how many times you bash them over the head with a bible.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs, no matter how messed up I think those views are. I agree with freedom of speech and the right to voice you're opinion or beliefs. And while I don't agree with pretty much everything on the website, I am confused by one thing. Does God teach to love everyone? What ever happened to the Golden Rule? And everyone is created equal?

All I can saw is WOW.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

Originally Posted by pas1216
Now don't get me wrong, I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs, no matter how messed up I think those views are. I agree with freedom of speech and the right to voice you're opinion or beliefs. And while I don't agree with pretty much everything on the website, I am confused by one thing. Does God teach to love everyone? What ever happened to the Golden Rule? And everyone is created equal?

All I can saw is WOW.
your right

I have read my own bible front to back more times than i can count, i deeply studied parts of it in the original hebrew, aramaic, and greek, and to this day i still study on average 6 days a week. (none of that is me bragging just letting you know that i do atleast partialy understand my faith and im not commenting about something by blindly repeating things i heard someone else say)

-yes God is love (read the 4th chapter of 1st John, and of course john3:16)

-God is very forgiving (book of jonah is a good example)

-God doesn't like alot of things we do, he gave us an outline of things not to do including many things you likely read on that site. but one thing to remember is he can forgive anything/anyone he wants (except Satan, he is already judged), also we are not to judge others just live by the word to the best of our ability. we all fall short and need his grace to forgive our sins.

-the sermon on the mount covers most of your points, matthew ch.5 thru 7.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:55 PM

maybe they're connected with the westboro baptist church?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

It's a fictional church, and a site purely for satire of the extreme religious right.

Rather funny nonetheless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landover_Baptist_Church
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Matthew 7:15 comes to mind.... 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

It isn't going to be those who say God is not real that we need to be aware of, we know their thoughts, intentions. It is those who claim to be from God, one of us, in attemp to mislead us and others and turn them away from God.

That site is horrendous, I thought they were just mislead at first, but then to learn that they are all Athiest performing satire is even worse. Their whole goal is to use the scripture that they do know so well to sound like Bible thumping hate mongerers so that non-Christians are turned away from true Chrisitanity. A perfect example of wolves in sheeps clothing. What better way to 'debunk' Chrisitanity than to make a fool of it claiming to be one. Luckily anyone who knows God or Jesus knows they are about love. They use many verses horribly out of context to show that love is preventing people from going to hell and that is why they rebuke everyone in attempt to save them. Though of all the verses they used to attempt to justify this, the only ones Jesus did rebuke where the hypocrates and the so called 'religious men' of the time. Jesus did yell at and "Bible thump" them quite often. But all the unsaved out there, he loved and related with and me their needs. He ate with the prostitues and the tax payers (white collar criminals of the day) related with them, healed the sick, gave hope to the hopeless. You can't pervert God or Jesus's love as they attempt to do. As Jesus said, the two most important commandments are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength, and to love your neighbot as yourself. A Christian is litterally defined as a disciple or follwer of Jesus one who attempted to live as He did. It was an insult that Jews called the 'followers of Christ'. You can take certain old tesitiment verses out of context, but you can't take Jesus's life out of context. There is not one commandment to save anyone or convert anyone. As we are not the ones who can save anyone anyway. God may choose to use us as a tool to bring someone to Him, but we are not doinn or can do any of the saving, only Jesus. So this whole lie that loving someone is rebuking them and yelling at them and judging them in hopes to save them is BS and a lie of man, not a commandment of the Bible. The commandment closest to this is the great commission which says to preach the Word to everyone, making disciples. Make does not mean force, it more-so means develope. You can't 'make' a Joe off the street become a doctor, you can't force him. But IF Joe decides to go to doctors school, then the teachers there can make/develope him into a doctor, if he volunteers himself to attempt to become one. You can't force it on him, and insulting him to do so isn't going to help. God made man, He know how humans work, He knows you catch more bees with honey rather than vinegar. Jesus never once attempted to save anyone by insulting them or judging them. Though He did try to show people the truth and God's love by relating to them and meeting their needs. He created us and know that we all just want to be loved and accepted and knows that He is the only one that can love us regardless of anything and is unchanging and can't die. Anything else is chasing the wind, riches, health, people, they can all dissapoint, fail, or die, but God will never leave you. If you want this unfailing love to fill this void in your heart, great, Jesus died for your sins so you can have this relationship with God. If you don't believe this and you think alcohol or people or items can fill this void, well you are free to think that. I and God are still goign to love you, as I don't love based on your choice or to attempt to gain your salvation, I love to show God's love and glorify Him. Though Jesus does talk about not just telling people what they want to hear in attempt to hide the truth, or watter it down so as not to offend. But people can see when something is done or said out of love, or said out of condescention, judgemental, haughty, pridefull intentions. It isn't I have the truth, and I know I'm right and you are wrong, so I am going to keep shoving it down your throat and boasting about it. It is more of a this is what the truth is, I hope you know this too, but if not, you have free will to believe what you want. I will keep living in this truth and showing God's love to you as I am commanded to, regaardless of what you believe, because I have faith that God will provide a path to your salvation if He choses, and your salvation has little ot do with my works.

This is how I know this Landover "church" was full of crap. Everything they said is all out of the Bible, words of God, but no love from God is evident, it seems the Bible is their God. Which makes sense, since they obvoiusly don't know God, rather they know of a Bible and this is what they actually think of Christianity, they think it is about words and rules and damnation, slaves to the law, like the Jews were. Where the Bible is about love and propserity and salvation, freedom from the law, a justification through faith in Christ, not works of man. They sound actually a lot like the Pharasees taht Jesus did rebuke, thier cup outside looks spotless, but their inside is full of hate, and damnation from the law. Hypocrates who claim to know the law well and claim to know God, when they don't live anything how God would like or how Jesus lived. You don't need a Bible to be saved, or to know God. Romans 1:20 20 "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." I have heard of many stories of missionaries going to worse than 3rd world countries to find tribes and spend time with them to learn their langauge only ot find out, these people never heard of the Bible, but they have believed in God and Jesus and taugh Him to their decendants for years. Sure the Bible is great and full of information that can help us please God, but it isn't required, God doesn't live soley in the Bible, but is the creator of the Bible and everything in the world and is evident in our daily lives. All anyone has to do is seek God will all their heart earnestly and God will reveal the truth to them. Whether it is through missionaries or the Bible or some miricle or angel, I don't know, but seek and you will find. Revelation 3:20 20"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." It doesn't say, try to break open the door, because Jesus can't do it, and He needs you to help Him save them.... Rather see how Jesus lived and showed man God's love and maybe man seeing this might want to expereince this love and he will chose to open teh door himself.

Sadly these Atheist know the Bible WAY better than I do from an acedemic standpoint, though I do read it daily to try to know it better. But I wouldn't be joining that site to argue with them as Matthew 7:6 says "6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." Though they may be able to pervert God's word, they can never pervert God's love, which conquers all.

Sorry, I know this is a car site, but sometimes I see such horrible lies and misleading I have to attempt to put some truth out there in love.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Vehicle: 2002 hyundai accent

Originally Posted by Whatnot
Matthew 7:15 comes to mind.... 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

Sorry, I know this is a car site, but sometimes I see such horrible lies and misleading I have to attempt to put some truth out there in love.

right on, everybody be warned. In every instance that Satan directly interacted with man he was quoting the word of the Lord (Genesis ch 3 and the temptation in matthew ch 4). of course in both cases he put a very slight twist on the word.

Be ready the devil is more cunning than any man that has ever lived (EZE 28.3).

He will be the Anti-christ. anti in Greek means instead of, as opposed to how we use it today in modern english , opposite of.

Satan will claim to be Christ/God and deceive almost the entire world. (II thes 2.4 and Rev 13.8)

His original sin that got him cast out of heaven was he coveted the seat of Christ. (Eze 28:14)) referance (I kings 8:7, II sam 6:2, Ps 80:1)

I also noticed in revelation when the first seal is torn (this is the first event to happen on the earth) that we see one coming on a white horse with a bow in his hand (Rev 6:2). although it doesnt clearly say this I have always seen this as the arrival of Anti-christ. notice that he is falsely fullfilling the prophecy of the second advent in Zech 9:10 and Rev 19:11

all this is just to say that the devil knows the word of God better than any of us and will use it against us. The sad thing is how many people are so easily led astray by false teachings because they dont just simply open the book and try to confirm it (assuming of course they claim to be of this faith).
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Nice find Strike!

my god the trolling opportunities on that forum are endless

Ha ha! I think the first post is hilarious "(Regarding Sarah Palin) She's fappable. It's strange, I don't know what that means." There are so many banned users!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM

i may be another banned user after a rather fun tour of harassment