Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

What to do...

Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent
Default What to do...

...in Vancouver, BC, Cananananada?

The wife and I will be spending two days up in Vancouver in the end of May and would like to know if there are any can't-miss-destinations there. I have heard about Stanley Park. Anything else?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:38 AM

Vehicle: 02 accent

There's a midevial themed bar I like, but I don't remember the name. It's on the left, right next to the hotel, just a couple blocks north of when you get off the bridge from Granville Island.

Yeah, your wife will like all the novelty shops of Granville Island...

The food selection selction was good, and so was the food, but wasn't really worth the price; however, the eye candy at the "Cats Meow", on Granville Island, made it a fun restaurant. cool.gif
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I don't think I've ever actually been to Vancouver, B.C. so I'm not sure. If you were there for longer you're only like 3-4 hours from my place. tongue.gif
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM

QUOTE(187sks @ Feb 5 2009, 09:48 AM)
I don't think I've ever actually been to Vancouver, B.C. so I'm not sure. If you were there for longer you're only like 3-4 hours from my place. tongue.gif

And only about 100 miles from my place. tongue.gif
Old 02-06-2009, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Any suggestions on where to stay?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 PM

the bar I was thinking of was on the Northwest side of the street in the 1200 block of Granville St, but it's been turned into the Morrissey Irish Bar, which is a bit more laid back than alot of the nearby clubs. We originally went there because it was near the hotel we had reservations at, but now whenever I'm in town, I try to go to the area for the pub. wink.gif Across the road is the "Two Parrots" a tropical themed restaurant that makes excellent black berry margaritas and their special dish (can't remember name), but was loved by everyone that tried it. However, the music is LOUD and the food is standard for a bar & grill, meaning good, greasy, after drunk food. tongue.gif

I've stayed at the Ramada Inn (next door to the Morrissey), Comfort Inn Downtown, Best Western Downtown, and the Marriott Residence. They were all just fine for a couple, but the prices in that area of town really vary based on how busy the town is that night. One night we had to drive to 4 hotels before we could get a room because there was some convention in town. 'Course it was a weekend too, the hotels kinda mentioned that it's easier to get a room on the weekdays. rolleyes.gif

Stanley Park is a great afternoon stroll if you are into the grenery or looking at the docks of boats. Plus the Vancouver Aquarium is in that park. I haven't been THERE since I was 5-8 years old, but I liked it at the time. wink.gif And the Lions Gate Bridge (at the north end of the park) can be real scenic with the green mountain behind it if the fog rolls in just right.

There is a nude beach somewhere in town, that supposedly allows marijuana consumption in public, but because of the weather, alot of the time, everybodies wearing clothes anyway. I've never been there during the part of the year when it's warm and people are actually out swimming.

nORTH OF TOWN IS A RAINFOREST AND SUSPENSION BRIDGE THAT YOU CAN HIKE. tours of that are 4-5 hours.