Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

what did you do this week

Old 11-12-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default what did you do this week

well ive had one hell of a week let me tell you,

sunday, chilled out and beat halo reach with the wife

monday, woke up at 3am to catch a 6am flight out of here, arrived at the airport, get my rental (the pile of sh*t kia soul) leave the airport parking lot looking for the freeway out of town, get a phone call from the wife HER GRANDPA JUST DIED. pulled over, wished i could just drive the car back to be with her but i cant. went to modern automotive performance (HUGE tuning shop) bought a turbo oil drain fitting cuz i lost the other one. went to the mall of america f*cking HUGE MALL. wife calls again crying, i calm her down enough then drove to wisconsin. ate at mikes smokehouse, not bad

tuesday, training, beat down the kia some more

wednesday, more training, went to hooligans steak house (never order anything with a sauce called "candied garlic steak sauce" sorry but filet shouldnt taste sweet) beat down the kia somemore, went tray sliding, get a call at 11pm saying the wifes parents bought her a plane ticket and she leaves in the AM, cars parked at the airport

thursday, last day of training, got out at 3ish decided i wanted to jump the kia to see what happens

got it roughly 3 feet high for approx 7 feet or so, ripped off the splash guard, popped the clips for the front bumper, passenger front tire unseats the bead

some zipties, ether,a lighter, and a gas station air tank later, im driving back to the airport. get pulled over, get harassed for over a hour cuz i passed state lines in a rental. got let go with a "verbal warning". make it to the airport, bought a sammich, started eatting said sammich when a rat the size of a football runs across the food court, throw said sammich away and barf in the bathroom. pass through security, get a "enhanced pat down"(dammit why did i post that smart ass remark in the other thread...karma i tell you)board plane,land in minot at 11:30pm

friday, woke up, ate a tamale, watched american chopper, wife calls says shes should be flying back on

sunday, go outside and work on the car, denis' bastard blend gear oil installed, speedogear installed, crossmember installed, charge pipe reinstalled, go to install the oil drain fitting and alas ITS THE WRONG f*cking ONE

very very very pissed now, go to walmart and buy a fifth of vodka, back home and get a text from boss, he wants me to come in, so now im off

what a week
Old 11-13-2010, 04:39 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Sorry to hear about her loss. It's tough to comprehend the loss of a life.

get pulled over, get harassed for over a hour cuz i passed state lines in a rental

Not again!!!! What the hell is with them pulling you over all the time?!

Splinter says you should have ordered Pizza instead!
Old 11-13-2010, 08:10 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sunday: Worked on mythicalLibrarian. http://code.google.com/p/mythicallibrarian/updates/list

Monday: Worked on several pieces of medical equipment including ultrasound and scope washers. Came home, worked on media center

Tuesday: Worked on several pieces of medical equipment including ultrasound (same ones) and several small pieces of equipment. Watched TV. Compiled Linux kernel for new home security system

Wednsday: Troubleshot down ultrasonic cleaner. Went to lowes to pick up parts. Waited for facilities to finish a job. Installed parts. Compiled Linux Kernel for new home security system (continued)

Thursday: Veterans day... Took kid to day-care, ate out with wife. Compiled Linux Kernel for new home secuirty system (continued)

Friday: Worked 1/2 day. Did some paperwork for turning in equipment. Gave up on compiling Linux kernel because I have to study for Security+. Too many things going on right now... I will pick up this project later. Worked on Wife's car and rememered how much VolksWagons suck ass. German engineering... Pssht. Why the heck did they make the Oil Pan the lowest part of the car? Replaced oil pan, half-shaft and oil change as well. Worked on mythicalLibrarian.

Saturday: Changed oil in my car, Fixed fan for house. Studdied for Security+ http://www.comptia.org/certification.../security.aspx Fixed naming convention on mythicalLibrarian.

Sorry about your week faith. I had a pretty productive week.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:13 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, according to my checkin logs, I did not work on mythicalLibrarian on the days I said I did... I have too many projects. I can't keep track of things that happen on certain days.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

In addition to normal worker/daddy/husbandly duties:

Unclog the kitchen sink drain, which had backed up during a dishwasher cycle and spilled dishwater on the kitchen floor

Troubleshot non-heating clothes dryer to a bad thermostat, replaced thermostat

Cleaned out dryer vent . . . up through the wall and across the crawlspace in the attic

Killed the WASP NEST on the dryer vent pipe

Removed 2 pints of lint plus part of a toy that had clogged the vacuum cleaner's hose

Cleaned a hair clog out of the most-used bathroom sink drain (again)

Scrubbed a quarter century of scale build-up out of a toilet (now flushes properly, first time since we got the house 7 yrs ago)

Re-hung a door that had fallen off its frame (boys' room)

1/2 dozen loads of laundry, not even halfway through the backup from a dryer down for 3 days

. . . and now we're about to re-upholster a couple of chairs.

This week has been . . . busy.

update: it was two chairs re-upholstered, and one with a leg that required mending.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

x2 for your wife's grandfather. Unfortunately, from what I've seen 2010 was the year to die. Never heard of so many close/personal deaths in a year before. That's including a few of my own

I'll make mine short and sweet.

Had a cutting wheel shatter on me, caught part of the trajectory's in the stomach. Just some decent cuts and a nice bruise

Put my hand through the glass on the sand blaster while using it for leverage,I ment to use the frame wasn't paying attention. That one was a trip to the ER and 8 stitches

I guess i only focused on the negatives
Old 11-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Sorry to hear about your wife's loss, your hectic week, being stuck in training classes, getting the wrong part, getting an underpowered kia, getting hassled by the po-po, and the stress that came with all of that.

My week was uneventful:

Watched football. Drank too much. Ate too much.

Watched Pacquiao kick some Mexican butt.

Did a bunch of data analysis to recalculate consigned inventory at Barnes & Noble for our financial auditors. Three week project so far.