Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

We're screwed by September 2012

Old 10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default We're screwed by September 2012

National Debt Hits Record $11 Trillion

And the federal budget he unveiled last month projects even faster increases in the National Debt. It’ll hit $12.7-trillion by the end of the fiscal year on September 30th. The Administration’s four year estimate shows that by the end of September 2012, the Debt will have soared to $16.2-trillion – which amounts to nearly 100% of the projected Gross Domestic Product that year.

And that doesn't even address the NEXT year, when we will have more debt (ever increasing with interest) than the entire country makes. Looks like December 2012 may really have meaning for more than just the Mayan calendar ending....

My idea of just giving man, woman, and child $1 million cash to pay off long term debt, then declare bankruptcy (because the money will be worthless) and start over, is looking better and better.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

The country is semi-f***ed right now and beyond recovery.

The world's bankers will let us somewhat recover and have us put what little wealth we have kept into what will look like sure thing investments then they will crush the market again making us lose everything. At that point they'll offer to bail us out, using our own money, and we'll pay them back perpetually after that.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think it's time for me to move to Costa Rica and live on the beach somewhere. Early retirement at 26 sounds like a good idea.

I'll take my chances with the drug lords down there before Iran, Venezuela, and North Korea all nuke us simultaneously.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Sonata LX

the Mayans say the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012 so... no worries about money!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i hear of a colossal economic collapse in the very near future and that it will be complete chaos in the united states. all property value and currency will lose its value. i hear that it'll be hard to leave the country unless you've got your own yaht to sail in.

i'm also hearing that the al-qaeda have insiders that are contributing to the corruption of the economy somehow. i'm not sure how, or if this is true but i heard signs of this from a cnn interview.

but in all, i doubt this because like i was saying before, too much of the land and money is foreign owned. come to any big city and you will meet the world. rich people from iran, afghan, brazil, chile, mexico, argentina, finland, poland, canada, germany, france, denmark, italy, india, china, japan... you name it and they're all here.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

You want to know who is ruining us? Here they are.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Please... Have you guys looked at the stock market lately? It's going back up for the last 6 months.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:22 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

take a look at the price of gold lately. its skyrocketed. We are in for a long haul of crapola. The superpower we know as the USA isnt going to make it. We owe the world so much money that we say is worth x amount and print more. If i were to invest it would be buying other currency because ours will start to resemble the deuch mark post WWII, 1,000,000 dollars for a loaf of bread anybody?

Its scary, the people at the top have run us into the ground. unfortunately the whole world has been explored and its not as easy as getting on a boat and heading west or packing up the family and head out on the Oregon trail. Its looking like were setting up for a new generation of wars.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Anyone see this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/28091

Saudi Arabia, France, Russia, China to stop trading oil in US dollar. What will the effects of this possibly be, besides, further devaluation of the dollar?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

QUOTE (187sks @ Oct 7 2009, 05:58 PM)
You want to know who is ruining us? Here they are.

Thats hitting the nail on the head and most people have never heard of them.
I see the looming crash of the dollar that has been engineered to fail as the reason for the introduction for the North American Union and a new currency shared between mexico, canada and the u.s.