Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Watch for potholes

Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 tib
Default Watch for potholes

http://www.universalhub.com/2014/cle...enough-trigger

Cleveland Circle pothole bad enough to trigger airbags

Julio Salado reports that when his car hit a pothole on Chestnut Hill Avenue between Applebee's and the circle this morning, the jolt was enough to trigger his car's airbags to deploy and send him to St. Elizabeth's with a bruised arm. In addition, the force of the airbag's expansion ripped his jacket.

What are the pot holes like where you live?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

They are getting better, Road crews are working quickly to fix them as soon as they pop up. I called 311 last wednesday to report a few potholes on my way home from work. The next day they were filled and pretty level.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:40 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Potholes put money in my pocket. There are some deep ones this year.

Replaced plenty of control arms, tierods, balljoints, rims/tires etc so far this winter

I've hit a few good ones with my truck but the tires I got on there take the abuse for the most part, although I haven't checked the front end in a while.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD 4-door

it's mostly the inner rim that takes the hit..nothing like scrap aluminum to tote to the recyclers,

i made some attempts to torch them hot and use a heavy iron mending tool, worked on hyundai rims but the honda wheels cracked..guess i pushed my luck.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Call 911 vs. 311 if it sets off your airbag. You get a police report and the city gets notified of a genuine hazard. Make sure to tell them you think somebody could be killed from hitting the pothole it's that bad. Plus if someone gets hurt from that hole after you reported it they get a fat check from a negligent city, hopefully.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:56 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

We have pot holes in my area for the first time ever, at least that I can tell.

Then I made the mistake of going downtown the other day.... That was a nightmare with my suspension set up like it is now.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Upstate NY....pothole capital of the world. This year has been the worst in history for them according to stats. And they havent even started to patch them. I think they plan to do it around the beginning of April. What really sucks is the city does it half fast and over fills them. So on some streets, it's like driving over a hundred little speed bumps.