Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Warsaw Uprising

Old 05-08-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

CNN had a special on the colossal war in Poland during the 1944 uprising. I found it very interesting because a lot of people interested in history that I meet like to talk about how fascinating the place is yet its been forgotten. I see a lot of spoiled things and people in the world nowadays, but I always remember the past and good we have it today.

1. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ki1VITPErIw

2. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zY56WTOInI&feature=related

3. http://youtube.com/watch?v=SSGvJ0NI1f0&feature=related

4. http://youtube.com/watch?v=bJvlwWCoKW0&feature=related

5. http://youtube.com/watch?v=0WEqKRDH7aA&feature=related

I think these events should be known and remembered, even if there is no interest you'll always learn a thing or two. My father was an underground fighter right in the heart of the battles and survived 2 camps and I'm very lucky to be here.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I love European history, so this is real interesting to me.

My late grandmother survived the two world wars. During WWII, she was put in jail and then had to cook for the Germans. She was lucky to not have gone to the camps. I admire her a lot (besides living through the war she was poor as dirt and still managed to feed and take care of her kids) and cant imagine how hard it must have been during that time.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

My grandmother on my dad's side was responsible for freeing at least one Jew from the concentration camps: She was never found out. We found out like, 10 years after it happened, she didn't want to tell anyone for fears of retribution from the (then-defunct) SS.

I'd like to personally thank Russia for "freeing" us and introducing 53 years of communism to us.

Motherf***ers.

We got out of it though, like we usually do. I tell you we'd be a much richer country if our location wasn't so shit... always fighting someone, or more appropriately, multiple countries/armies.

Now all we are is a mini-America... it's sad to see that happening to my own country.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:37 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Thank you for that hkc!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:53 PM

did you notice they show all this war footage and they don't not once have any one program on the reason on why it happened?

jed, the surviving SS fled to south america. yeah my fathers family hid some too. when he was stamped to go to Katyn as a resistance fighter after the war the jewish man was a huge political figure in Poland and ordered the generals to release him immediately.

I'd like to personally thank Russia for "freeing" us and introducing 53 years of communism to us.

Motherf***ers.

+1 and +1. we fought with stones against fully funded german heavy artillery for 33 days. France surrendered immediately. Himmler must have been hugely pissed, and it's unbelievable how strong our nobles fought for our country. for that long. You would think we would have some respect...

Now all we are is a mini-America... it's sad to see that happening to my own country.

i know man... all factories and business are foreign owned. banks are all foreign. most people are still either living in poverty or working hard. roads and technology is crap. Poland doesn't even have its own damn car!!! our people are not amid some poor or savage from developing countries, we are famous and historically some of the brightest and our country has the same history as the rest of europe. our girls are beautiful and smart. yet it's still piss poor and left out like a starved alley cat. Shame they trampled our intelligence and burned our history, and we were left on our own.

for chrissake, Copernicus is Polish, and so is Chopin!! Pulaski fought the decicive battle saving America from the British during the revolution. He gave his life for America's freedom and you ask any American who he was they won't know because they don't teach any of that.

it's truly sad when you really discover why it happened, and the same thing is happening in America. people claim to analytically explain stuff here but they don't know what we know. i don't believe in NWO, but financial overlords do exist and i bet they live real nice secluded, all the citizens here are their little ants. although some of the things here are nice they're turning for the worst. my kids won't benefit from this country because blue is and was never color of their shining armor.

know what's nice though? all that beautiful untouched landscape instead of clogged highways packed with polluting cars and ghetto neighborhoods. i'll lay a picnic with a beautiful girl in the meadow and be the happiest proudest person.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This is sad but an incredible story I thought you'd guys like:

Polish Holocaust Hero

She saved 2500 Jewish children by smuggling them out of the Warsaw ghetto during the Nazi invasion.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM

Poland doesn't even have its own damn car!!!

I'm waiting for Jed to come in here and go on and on about the FSO Polonez...
Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM

fing02.gif

Polonez

Polski Fiat 125p

Maluch I've seen the cut up one at the technology museum in Warsaw

Granted, the latter two were KD cars, later made on a license.

Sometime in 1998 I think, maybe earlier, Daewoo bought 49% of the company. Later on they had majority share, and in 2003 I think, maybe 2002, Daewoo bankrupted and last Daewoo-FSO Polonez was built in 2003 (or 04).

Now GM owns it.

Now we make GM shit.

Yay.

This was the first, and last, real Polish car ever

Old 05-12-2008, 07:31 PM

wow, yeah i saw that on the history channel and she even managed to pull it off during typhoid outbreak. simply incredible, and so sad she has departed. i'd say 98's not bad, but the horrible part was when her two children died. It's unfortunate that it happened today while we're on the subject.

I've met an engineer who worked for FSO. Wonderful person. He told me all about the design and manufacturing process that he contributed for those cars. I mean really, they should at least have a good car to boost their economy, i mean even Slovakia has their own VW owned car, Skoda and that country is so small, not to mention it used to be part of Poland. I say we get together and start a company.

Now GM owns it.

Now we make GM shit.

Yay.

This was the first, and last, real Polish car ever

yay right back kabong.gif yeah they had the lower emission version i think the Caro. The company got sold there fairly quick, you could see it coming too. Nobody was buying them at all.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 PM

just like that?

The time for upstart companies is over. We'd have to make soemthing that gets 50 MPG and can be sold for 2,000 euros.