Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Wanted: Abq Area Rdseries W/ Stock Exhaust

Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I am sure chris will post in here also, but ill start the thread.

This will be an offer to RD1 or RD2 tibs with STOCK exhaust systems in the ABQ, NM area ONLY. or offered to nearby interested parties that would meet me in the ABQ area. It would also be VERY preferable if the stock exhaust had the inline cat AFTER the manifold cat, which most tibs have.

The canidate will receive 50$ off the KFX/Flyryde Equal length headers and not have to partake in ANY of the installtion. I will do the entire install,testing, etc.

The purpose of this is to have the customer do a write up/follow up/DIY of these headers.

The review of the headers will include any issues or ease of install on a stock tib. (dddude has done the install, but his tib didnt have inline cat, and had damage from previous accident) The review will also include the thickness of the tubing (measurement will be done with micrometer) to compare to the thickness of steel used in maintec, obx, etc.

Also potential buyers throw in any other things you might want looked into, explained, reviewed, etc. if someone in ABQ is willing to do this.

I will provide new hardware (nuts/bolts) so the buyer wouldn't have to buy anything but the header.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got one for you, username Crispy would do it.

Now whether or not he is up for paying for anything...

But, he's got a stock engined RD2 right in Rio Rancho.

Other than that, I can't think of any other RD owners in the area that I know, that work on their car.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

yeah, crispy is one that i had in mind..

theres also a local tropic green tib with rims and a muffler than i always try to chase down, but never works out. since i dont have a tib now, he prob always thinks im trying to race rim or something. lmao.gif
Old 05-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

March COTM is over man, change your sig already.

LOL

I'll see whom else I can track down. Crispy's wife, she has a GK, but she knows another RD owner I believe.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:12 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

When do you need it? I've got a green 1997 that is itching for some better air flow.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned

don't matter.. sooner the better, me thinks.

that way any potential problems can be fixed before hundreds or people buy, or they could have an insanly good review and they would need to have more made.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

werd.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Would I need to come up there or would you be willing to make a trip down here? Two hour drive, not too bad. The next two weekends are shot for me since my Mom is coming into town next weekend and I am sure I would not get it in by this weekend. I could probably come up again on the 30th if need be.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Banned

well, that 50$ you would be getting off of the price, would be cuz thats what i would be putting up so you guys could get a good write up. it would be better if you could drive over here, but i can see what i can do.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:34 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Yeah guys, my man Socks here is just trying to help. That 50 bucks you save should be put towards the gas to help everyone out. One kickass note though, the headers dont buzz at all. Its just the flange issue. Socks should be able to handle the install on a stock exhaust tib fine. I'm loading vid clips up right now so you all can see my drive in to the office this morning smile.gif Sounds wicked!

http://www.flyryde.com/flyryde.com_non_ssl.../BetaHeader.wmv 67MB