Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Want To Feel Good?

Old 11-06-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I always donate cash to charity. My charity of choice has always been children's charities.

I was pretty fortunate growing up. As I said in other threads I was always able to seperate the good from the bad and focus on the good.

So my dad died? my nana died? it could have been alot worse. I was a 7 year old child at the time, life didnt seem very fair and I used to think that I was being victimised.

But my mother always used to say "Stop complaining. There are people far worse off than you in the world and you should be really thankful for what you have and appreciate it"

As a child it was hard to understand that, but as I grew older I became my mother. I am so thankful for that.

So anyways.. A couple of days ago the opportunity to make $500 came around. It was something I hadnt even thought of.

Basically I wrote a whole load of software in my time of not being able to work or drive, I did it to keep busy and see the good in the world without trying to blame what was happening on anyone, just like my mother had taught me.

The program that ran the sofware I had created was at that time private, so the software I had written was private also.

About a week ago the software that runs my creations became public and I put my work up for 'auction'.

There is a high chance it will make the $500 I have in mind..

I am going to give it to a children's fund. I adore children smile.gif

When I think back I realise what my mother had said to me was so true... When dad died we were paying a mortgage.. His will and insurance paid off the small house we had but nothing else. So I always had security and somewhere to live, a home.

Now I realise how it could have been. Imagine my dad wasnt responsible? imagine he never planned on dying one day (shit, most of us wouldnt even think about that at 35)
I would have lost my father and ended up on the streets.

There are so many children out there that do not get a childhood, it's so sad 02.gif

When you are an adult you make your own choices, you are capable of doing anything you want to you just have to be prepared to be strong and fight for what you believe in.

If you want something? you can get it.

As a child you cannot do this. Your whole existance as a child depends on something else, someone else. In a way you are a victim of circumstance and you just follow along.

Alot of children have loving homes, loving parents. They turn out to be blessed. But that is a very small percentage. Alot of kids dont have that and dont even have a secure home. And there is nothing that they can do about it.

Think about it like this. If you were fortunate to have a good safe childhood then it would have made you a good person. Everything you are and you do were taught to you by your parents.

But what if that isnt the case?

$500 is alot of money to me, and I sure could use it right now because Im moving to a new apartment in a different area, but there is something, someone who needs it more than me.

Please consider this the next time you have a few bucks in your pocket. If you are one of the lucky ones who had everything you needed (warmth, love, food and water) please remember this and try to make sure another child has the same.

Wow.

I have always been a firm believer in karma, but look at this !

Just as I hit the reply button I got an email sent to me.

Pandy,

Hello All,

If you have not seen the topic already, copy and paste >>
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...mp;#entry250126

We are hosting a fund riaser / raffle for the Children's Hospital. We have a
few cool prizes already but are looking for more. Tickets are only $5 a piece so
stop by and grab some if you can. It would mean a great deal to some very sick
children.

Thank you,
TeamSSAudio.com Mod Team