Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Video editing software

Old 03-11-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Video editing software

I wanna make a little movie (not one of those) and I wanna be able to edit it on my computer and peice it together. Anybody know a program that would work for me.

In High School we worked on a VAIO computer that had the ability to transfer video into the computer and had editing software that was pretty basic. It doesn't have to be pro, just something to mess around with.

Anyone know of anything or where to get it. PLEASE DO NOT REFER ME TO FUTURESHOP I WILL NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I used to use (I am almost certian) Adobe Premere. Pretty good. I dont know about the new versions cause I havnt touched video editing in several years :
Old 03-11-2005, 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

lol, you used Movie Shaker huh

well, if you have windows XP it comes with one .. or else you can try premiere like casper said. premiere takes some skill though, i would just use XP's if I were you. I have worked with premiere a lot so it's what I use (and you can get it free on the net...p2p)
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 PM

haha lol yup, Movie Shaker. That's funny that you know what I'm talking about, I totally forgot the name. It wasn't that bad. Pretty good IMO, not the greatest but it did the job.

Is the one that comes with XP much like Movie Shaker?? Cause that is all I need really.....Wait a second I have XP at work I'll check it out.

**EDIT**

That will be perfect. Thanks guys.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 PM

If you had a Mac.. I would suggest final cut pro... EXCELLANT program.. and it is not just like professional.. it IS professional. I used to use it when I worked for other people. One of these days I will buy a mac and get the program and go back into editing on the side.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:14 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

If you want something inexpensive, yet full featured go with Studio 9. With the latest update you can do DivX stuff. It also allows full surround sound!
Old 03-12-2005, 04:34 PM

Cool, I'll keep those in mind. Just want something to mess around with ya know. I had a blast making a Dracula movie in HS. Just wanted to see if I could make something for Cottage Fever.