Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This Vet Vandalized A Japanese Car To Commemorate Pearl Harbor, Then Got Beaten Up By Its Owner

Old 12-08-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default This Vet Vandalized A Japanese Car To Commemorate Pearl Harbor, Then Got Beaten Up By Its Owner

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-...bedda235000051

Just when you thought no one was celebrating or remembering the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, there's this: a Navy veteran spray-painting "12-7 USN" on a Japanese car, like a racist jerk, and then two young men beating the crap out of him on camera, like roid-raging jerks. America!

Let's start with the original offense, because chronological is the only way to deal with this. Moral? No way. It's a club sandwich of horrible where the bacon is jingoism, the turkey is violence towards a veteran, and the bread is just good old-fashioned white bread intolerance.

Apparently, inspired by Pearl Harbor, an older man goes too far, spray painting the anniversary of the day that would live in infamy on a Mitsubishi Evo and was caught. He also, according to the victim of the vandalism, shouted racial epithets at them.

Horrible. No doubt.

And then you hear that the guy is a Navy veteran, which is no excuse, and you hear from the guys involved that they broke his nose, leg, and called the cops on him.

Harsh, but, you know, people don't like to have their cars screwed with.

And then you watch the extremely disturbing video of the aftermath, where the veteran seems to show some contrition and agrees to pay for the damages and doesn't seem violent at all while the car owner and his buddy parade around calling him "a faggot" and "a b*tch" as he bleeds sitting in his car.

I sort of want to believe this video is fake, because only someone who truly hates America would do either of these things, let alone let both happen at the same time.

Video in link

What an idiot
Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I don't like that article at all pointing ANY blame or wrong doing in the people who kicked his ass.. I think the guy deserved it 110% and I would have done the SAME thing..

the guy did seem kinda sorry for doing it, but probably only because he got his ass kicked. the 'kids' may have been a little over the top in their treatment in the video, but its the heat of the moment..
Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I would have done just as much or more to a guy I caught vandalizing my car. I don't care if he is a veteran or not. That's bullsh*t.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

That has got to be the worst protest ever. EVER. What does some random evo have to do with anything?

Sigh, its like watching monkeys throw poo at each other.