Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Valentines Day

Old 02-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Valentines Day

So guys..what do you all have planned for your significant others? or anything at all?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Nothing. I'll be cooking for all the tards that feel expressing extra love to their significant other 1 day a year is the way to do it......and they wonder why so many marriages fail
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 05 Hyundai Tiburon SE

We don't really celebrate Valentines Day since our anniversary is on the 19th we will have been married for 6 years and on the 18th we will have been together for 13 years and we aren't going to celebrate that one!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^that's fantastic!

I'm on the single train here, but I do have faith that there is a higher force at work with these things.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Floyd and I have been together since high school. It's kind of a funny story if you haven't heard it. Long story short, he asked my best friend out on a date and she asked me to go with them because they were going bowling with his friends and she wanted someone to talk to. Turns out he and I hit it off really well, (he hated me and thought I was a raging lesbian!) and we ended up talking and hanging out most of the night! He and I started dating and shortly after I got pregnant and the rest is history!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM

That's so romantic, lol.......... As soon as this day of hell is over, i'm going to come home and drown myself into a beer coma. We call this one ameteur night, because it's the night all the people that usually go out go for pizza or Olive Garden, then when we don't have a $10 chicken parm on the menu for them they get all bent out of shape. Stupid Hallmark holiday......
Old 02-14-2011, 07:37 PM

LOL!!! Yeah I got a giant stuffed set of monkeys and a box of turtles!!! Hubby has a card and candy on his computer desk that he hasn't seen yet because he is too busy cooking and cleaning for me!! He is such a sweet man!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM

Take full advantage of that right there! There aren't that many of us
Old 02-14-2011, 10:44 PM

I totally do. Since my headache problem started and I got the diagnosis from the dr he has been helping out alot more so that I can rest more.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by bdiggy
Nothing. I'll be cooking for all the tards that feel expressing extra love to their significant other 1 day a year is the way to do it......and they wonder why so many marriages fail

Ok, I've had this post going through my head the last few days, and it really got me thinking. bdiggy, this isn't directed towards you at all, you just got me thinking. So forgive me, but...

The reason marriages fail is because of those "tards" who don't ever express their extra love to their significant other at any time. It's because people don't treat every day like valentine's day; it's because they don't daily help or show their love to their spouse at all; it's because when there is a single day out of the year {seriously guys, how hard is it to do something special just once???}, that they don't take the time to do one single extra little thing. If you treated every day like valentine's day, I guarantee you you'd have a much better relationship. The problem is that people so rarely do. Every day (even the special ones!) are treated as any old, normal day, and forget to do something special for their loved one.

I am by no means a perfect example of how love should be expressed, but I do try as much as possible. For example, 2 days before valentine's day (only 2 days before because that's as far as I can remember at the moment, but I have done this as much as possible since even before I got married), I went shopping with my wife. Didn't complain once, and did everything I could to enjoy myself and make sure she had a good time. 1 day before valentine's day...well, can't really tell you all... ... Valentine's Day, we both worked, but I got her flowers and another present, made and cleaned up dinner, and let her relax on the couch for the evening and listened to her talk about work. Day after Valentine's (this morning), got up half an hour early and made a coffee cake (usual fare is cold cereal), hot and ready when she got up. Tonight, I'm already scheduled to help with dinner, and I'm going to unload the dishwasher before she gets home. Tomorrow I'll make sure I get to do the dishes before she gets a chance. On and on it goes.

Do I do any of this to "get" anything from her? NO!! Do I say this to make myself sound good? HECK NOOO!!! I do this because this is what love, and a solid marrige is. It's always giving, always putting your spose first, always putting their interests before yours. It's trying to curb my own desires and wants and think of someone else besides me. Does that mean I'm not selfish, not lazy, never complain, and always this happy little pumpkin? Again, a huge HECK NO!!!! But I do certainly try, and I do make an effort every chance I can get. There was one night that I was really hoping my wife would do the dishes. I was tired, had already made dinner for her, and really just wanted to sit down to Facebook or something. But then I remembered what my pastor spoke on at our wedding - the "continuing debt to love each other". There is no end to how much we're supposed to do for each other, no end to the amount of giving, no end to doing the dishes for the other person, no end to constantly giving and loving of each other.

What have YOU done for your spouse or significant other today??

/

DonsWife, I repped you for that, but the rep goes to your husband!!!