Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Urgent Prayer Request

Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

A lot has been going on lately, and I want to ask for prayers from you, because they’re really needed.

My grandmother is in the hospital. She has complete arterial blockage in her legs, and a gallstone has become lodged and is blocking any flow in or out of her gallbladder, causing great discomfort and provides a constant sense of being overly full (keeping her from having any appetite and reducing her meals to about 3-bites). She also has an aortic aneurysm; it has grown from a 3.9 to 5.8 in only 2 weeks (measured in cm). A size of 5cm is considered dangerous, and for it to grow to 6 or 7 (without already being fatal) is rare. Surgery is needed, but because of her health, her age (81), and the fact that she’s smoked for 65 years, it is very likely that her risk level will be elevated to a point where surgery isn’t possible. She has been in good health, until about 2 weeks ago when everything slammed her at once.

Because of her rapidly diminishing health, Lindsay and I have chosen to move our wedding date from April 28th to this Sunday. We are looking at having a hospital room wedding at Summit so that my grandmother can be a part of it.

My other grandmother has been diagnosed with heart disease, and will be having a pacemaker installed this Thursday. She has an oversized heart and a disease called Cardiomyopothy (rare disease, leading cause of heart transplants), along with her pacemaker she will be on medicine for the rest of her life. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer last year and has already gone through several chemo treatments, but is doing much better and seems to be back to his normal hard-working self.

On top of all these things going on right now, I am supposed to be closing on a house at the end of the week. Dealing with the mortgage company and getting everything in place for closing is adding a little bit of stress to an already huge stressball. Please pray for my family. We need it.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

you got it man. hope everything turns out well for you and your family
Old 10-17-2006, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

I will definitely pray for you. I understand some of the distress you and your family will be in from things that have happened in my life.
Hopefully, your wedding day can still be a special day!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Requested and done.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Her doctors just shot down the idea of a hospital wedding. They said any amount of excitement could rupture her aneurysm (fatal). They may be moving her soon to I.C.U. to keep her blood pressure down to minimize the stress and pressure on her aorta.

time to figure out plan B....
Old 10-17-2006, 12:07 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

Requested and done.

Went to the temple tonight
Old 10-17-2006, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

wow man. seems if its not one horrible thing its another you ahev to deal with. my thoughts&prayers are with you for sure.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:51 PM

Well, i'm not big on praying, but i said a little one for you and your family. Hope everthing works out.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You and your family will be in my prayers. I know that it must be tough having all that happen at once. 02.gif
Old 10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

you have my prayers, majik