Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Update On The Accident And Car Situation...

Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well have a small update. finally found out what happening to the tib, and how much im getting. i settled for $6520. plus a rental car for a few weeks. sadly they declared it a total loss. ( as i figured) i know i said i was probably getting another tibby, but since the accident ive just been researching cars, and found something i think will be like a challenge that the tiburon was to modify.

so here's the news, im searching for a ford contour svt to play with. theres a few different bolt in motor swaps, and some sexy suspension goodies. i really hate the name, and the fact its a true ford product, but its such a different car to mess with. so ill be selling off my tibby parts, along with my 23k beta2 motor and spare trans i have.

its really depressing thinking about it, and to think its the end, but the thought of an entirely new project kinda intrests me.

even if it has 4 doors.... smile.gif
Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

a contour?? nooooooooooooo. say it ain't so
Old 06-11-2007, 08:31 PM

That is SAD bro. well even if you get a Ford, remember us here and remember to stop by once in a while.

Since you are going to part out the parts of your tib, is the spare tranny a beta 2 like the engine? If so, how much would you like for it also shipped to 85615.

Thanks.

p.s. are you going to sell the tenzos?
Old 06-11-2007, 08:32 PM

how ever you want to do it, i can understand wanting a new project..........but i have to say EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW yucky

Theres actualy a fairly nice Contour that i see cruising around town now and again, but theres just something about them i dont like.

haha, but hey, it realy dosent mater what i think, just as long as your happy with it.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM

being a tiburon owner, you should know better then to judge. fing02.gif

most of my friend tried talking me out of the hyundai years ago also. im very glad i didnt listen to them, my hyundai means alot to me. i owned it longer then alot of our members have had there liscences. plus the svt runs low 15's, high 14's stock. not to shabby.

and its an SVT contour, please dont compare them to the basic contours in any way. is the cobra the same as a v6 mustang, or is the F150 the same as the lightning in performance terms?"
Old 06-11-2007, 08:33 PM

i'm sorry to hear that you are done with tiburons but my dealings with ford products and everyone else i've known with fords they are pieces of shit but it is an svt!! so good luck to you sir
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM

the SVT Contour is a VERY nice car I am quite familiar with the platform go to CEG or contour.org the SVT has a good bit of potential and the clutch is so damn nice. Just be ready for insanity working on that engine it is a biatch, same as the mercury cougar and changing an alternator is a NIGHTMARE 8 hours. Find out if the one your looking for has history of alternator failure
Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 AM

Not a bad payout.. when I totalled my tib a year ago, I only got $3500. Must have been the 130,000+ miles even though it still looked good
Old 06-12-2007, 05:24 AM

only had 45k miles, and the fact my car was spotless helped a bunch. the estimator was amazed by how clean my car was. plus i haggled with him. i was first offered $5600, and we worked it out from there.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

I would be interested in the spare transmission. fing02.gif