Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Unexpected Awesomeness!

Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've had my Charger for the past year. Got it back from the company that was doing the body kit for it back in March but could not afford to get it painted. So it waited.... and waited. Well, this one guy had been coming to the LX (Mfg code for 300/Magnum/Charger) Meets and was telling me I should come to his shop and get my car painted there.

So finally after like 2 months, I'm taking him up on his offer. It's over at his shop right now getting a two tone paint job done to it... but with all the body kit shit taken off and going back to an SRT-8 Type look. (Long story of why I'm taking this kit off I won't bore you with. But long story short, the guy who made the kit is a complete jackass).

ANYWAYS.... I brought him some replacement parts today in my Tib. Drove out there and he complemented me on the tib and stuff then he mentioned that he's done one Tiburon before and takes me to a wall of photos of previous cars they had done. Well, at the lower left hand corner of this board, he pulls away an ad that was covering up one picture in particular, the Tiburon photo. He was just displaying another photo and put that one in front cause it was convient, so I never noticed the Tiburon picture.

So guess who's tiburon it was!!!?? Summer's Tiburon!!! I was like, OMFG! You did that car??!?!! So he told me all about it and all the custom work they had to do to get the body kit to work correctly on the car and everything. I can't find any pictures onilne of it, but if you guys can find it, please post for reference. But damn her car was f'n sweet. And they did all the work on it. Suprised the hell outta me. So I'm feeling really good about the work they are doing on my Charger right now.

For those of you who don't know, Summer's Tiburon was the first RD1 with a Vielside Body kit custom fabbed to work on the car. Almost the whole underside of the car was chromed, turboed, etc etc. SWEET car. And now that same shop is working on my Charger. Just unexpected awesomeness!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:39 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats some awesomeness that seems to be unexpected!

lol. good stuff.

Small world
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

damn what the hell. my damn state has nothing of the kind.

i'm going to florida for my paint, they do awessssome jobs there!!!! i'm getting it painted in a surprise color i'm not telling anybody about for COTM.

glad you feel that good, good it's the same guy too. somebody post some photos though. i'm surprised you got the car painted that quick man, i mean the paint that came with it is brand new i'd figure your tiburon needs it more.

good luck.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Summer was in SoCal? Cool deals mang, can't wait to see the finished Charger..

(pst, get us some ccfls!). wink1.gif
Old 09-13-2007, 11:27 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

wish someone had pics, you should have taken some with a cellphone and posted em.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

...that's not her
Old 09-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

great find Pat. I don't think they're the most current pics though... she eventually had a monitor molded into her passenger airbag location and monitors hanging down in the back I think. I know she had a cardomain at one time... i'm sure it's still up

Summer's car is famous. As famous as BatLord's. I think it sold for less than $15,000

wasn't her undercarriage chromed, or powdercoated?

That was such a beautiful car. Too bad it was a trailer queen
Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I have those exact same pics from back when they got originally posted.

Larger format too. tongue.gif

Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

eek2.gif Jon secretly downloads ricer pics to his computer! First the wheels, now this!!
BTW, George... get us some pics of your Charger. I wasn't aware you owned one. What colors you painting it? What wheels you got?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i think the engine bay of that tib is in the "HAYNES manual for sport compact tuning." the one at autozone next to the other repair manuals. her engine bay is the first pic in the chapter about engine dress up. then in the book they go to working on a shitty D or B series SOHC to make it look like her hyundai bay.