Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

... Uhm... The Tiburon Is Not Dead? 2010 Tiburon Unvieling.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've been reading autoblog for a bit now, but have had some catching up to do.

Look what I found.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/11/new-hyu...rankfurt-in-09/

Hyundai's replacement for the Tiburon (aka the "Coupe" outside the U.S.) will make its official debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show next September. As expected, the new Coupe will be inspired by the Velostar concept that debuted in Seoul last year and will be built atop the Hyundai i30/Kia Forte's front-wheel-drive platform. Hyundai insiders suggest that the Coupe will be approximately the size of the last generation Toyota Celica, smaller than the upcoming Genesis Coupe, and will feature a shooting-brake body style.

The new Coupe will go on sale abroad shortly after its unveiled in Frankfurt, and there's no word yet on when Hyundai will import the new two-door to the U.S. to replacing the aging Tiburon.

Uhm, those pics made me mess my pants. If it only looks 50% like that, I may shit myself.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Banned

glad the 'tib' might not be dead, but it said something about possibly not coming to US?

and i don't think im feeling that concept as a replacement of a tib. front end it FLAT, and rear is FUNKY..
Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I really like the futuristic yet retro style interior but I wish the exterior still resembled our RD tibs a little more
Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

i dont like that concept...just glad they have not got rid of tiburon line
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Aug 22 2008, 10:30 AM)
glad the 'tib' might not be dead, but it said something about possibly not coming to US?

and i don't think im feeling that concept as a replacement of a tib. front end it FLAT, and rear is FUNKY..

Lancer front, Nissan Rogue rear....
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

first i thought of the front was the new eliscpe
Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Did anybody else think "CRX?"
Old 08-22-2008, 11:30 AM

Meah i though it looked like a Crossfire..
Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

--I like the way it resembles the BMW M Coupe.
--I dislike the front end: grill, headlights, paneling looks cheap. Smashed in nose, not good... I'd like to see more hood space between windshield and front of car.
--from the front windshield forward it reminds me of a Scion, maybe Mazda 3... I hate the grille and HATE the front of the Evo X!
--from the windshield back it reminds me of BMW Coupe
--I really like the modern look of the interior... that's my favorite by far

Since they've made comments about NOT releasing the Genesis to some parts of Europe, in fear of inability to compete with the Lexus, this may be a European only design for now. I don't see them putting this up against the Genesis. 02.gif

I also believe that I read somewhere about Hyundai releasing 9 new models. I don't remember how it was worded, but I don't think that includes new designs for current models. I haven't read the article yet, just looked at pics

awaiting HKC to come piss on our parade.....

Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

waiting HKC to come piss on our parade.....

HAHA.

nice find. it's the confirmation i've been emphasizing for quite some time now. the veloster doesn't come from california or europe, but right from hyundai in seoul themselves.

although it will be nudged into taking some styling cues from the veloster, it will be designed in russelsheim by Hyundai of Europe. from what i read on the european bosses, it will look quite the charmer (girl car?). they're targetting the new Audi TT. also from what i've also been reading on the speculations, there will be a factory turbo sport version like the TTS, and convertible shortly after.

this is part of the plan to split the company into two markets. the genesis and coupes are primarily targeting the U.S., while the target elsewhere is a fashionably loud but economic city sports car that cries "conduisez-moi mon juliet!". if you've missed the previous threads, they're fixing on making the tiburon replacement an icon of its time so it will be big. they said we have to wait until after the genesis coupe comes out.

this is the one i've set my sights on.