Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

TSA Pat Down of a KILT!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ
Default TSA Pat Down of a KILT!

I love ARS Technica. It has become my primary tech related news source. This article just made me laugh:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/n...rer-speaks.ars

So the big Thanksgiving airport opt-out opted-in after all. Widespread "regimental" kilt-wearing never materialized. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) workers were, by and large, spared a plague of True Scotsmen.

But they weren't entirely spared—and one "big-boned" patriot decided to strike his blow for freedom by giving a low-paid TSA screener the surprise of his young life.

On November 18, a "fat middle aged" blogger who goes by SubliminalPanda entered the TSA checkpoint at the Raleigh-Durham airport in North Carolina. He was wearing a kilt. This wasn't merely a lark; SubliminalPanda had taken to the comfort of the kilt months ago, and the garment had since become his daily clothing of choice. And when you find some clothing that comfortable, do you muck up the whole experience by yanking on some underwear? No you do not.

Article resumes at link above
Old 12-08-2010, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Awesome! LOL