Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

True American Hero!

Old 12-14-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

I dream of becoming a true American Hero. Today, i went to my local ARMY recruiter and asked him "what are the chances that I'll go to Iraq?" he said very likely.

You see, IN the Navy , we dont' fight very much now because nobody wants to challenge us. the US Navy is the best Navy in the world. My dream is to become a true American Hero and actually do combat and fight in Iraq. I'm sick and tired of people not giving me credit for working in the Navy.... I've worked so hard in the Navy, soooo much sweat, blood and tears I lost because of working so hard in the Navy; but I"ve never done any combat. I want to freakin' fight and actually have people proud of me. My brother is also in the ARMY; he's a Second Lieutenant. I hope to fight in Iraq by his side, so we both can be proud. It's especailly hard for an Asian like me,, because everybody think of us as some dang forienger still. I want to be labeled as a true American, hence the reason why I want to fight. I love everyone here.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:54 PM

I did a few months over in Iraq and i have 0 desire to go back. It stinks over there, there's nothing to do and getting shot at isn't much fun. But i kind of see where your coming from, there is some pride to be had with having been in a war. Having served in the military during the war is enough to earn my respect but you gotta do what you gotta do, just try not to get shot doing it.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:29 AM

Yes you will get your fare share of action while your over there. Nothing like when it first started thought. My brother did a year 1/2 over there in 2004-5 and was on Convoy which (i believe still is) most dangerous thing you can do. I want to wish you good luck if you do decide to switch but if you do just becareful and to let you know you wont just be shooting men but women and children also.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:40 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

eh.. trust me i think poeple will respect you regardless dont switch over just "see some action", or "get some respect", ive only been deployed since augest, and i hate it and cant wait for next year to come home. and this is coming from an 11bang bang
amd ps, i feel youre a true american as long as you love this country and do something with youre life, so to me you are a true american hero
Old 12-15-2006, 04:16 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Don't sign up to go man. I was over there for 14 months straight. We called it "operation when are we going home". You never know when your time is up. I was in the 1st Infantry Division when I went. It was not fun at all. There is danger all around you and you may just loose yourself or a buddy.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:32 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

ya when i know i pray i will never go to another memorial service while im here, that was one of the worst things in my life to attend
Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 AM

Do you think that coming back in a box is going to make any difference???

I am not saying that it will happen but why do it? It doesn't matter what service you are in. You are serving your country. That is all you need for people to respect you.

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:46 AM

Why do you feel like you have to prove something to someone??? If you cant look in the mirror and be proud of what youve done and who you are, no amount of approval from someone else will change that. You think going over and actually seeing action makes you a hero??? sounds like you think you have to kll someone to become a hero. You joined the armed services, thats something the majority of us can never and will never say. That alone should make you a hero. Klling people doesnt make you a hero, especially when you want to.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:57 AM

Just for having that in your heart makes you my hero. plus i would like to thank you for all the rides to all the different countries i had to go to.

Marine stands for "My Ass Rides In Naval Equipment" or "Muscles Are Required Intelligence Non-Essential"

But seriously, it is nice to hear people who have that in their heart. as many times that I went to that shit hole of a place, everytime I came back I always heard the bleeding hearts whine about how we dont need to do this and that oil is not worth it while they drive around their redneck 4wheel drive dually trucks and smoke camel cigarettes.

I am not going to say rush into war because when I was first in the marine corp, that is exactly what i said and then lo and behold, my ass was shipped out to every operation that had someone pissed at someone else and we had to straighten shit out.

I dont glorify death or anything like that but I remember thinking that way so i know how you feel.

Thank you for what you are doing for our country because there are more out there that don't believe in what we do.

I am out of the corp now so I also want to thank you for our freedom as well.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:23 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^Heh US. ARMY = Uncle Sam Ain't Released Me Yet! or backwards, Ya, My Retarded Ass Signed Up!