Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Trayvon Martin

Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Trayvon Martin

So what does everybody think about the Trayvon Martin shooting? I'm still not unsure on my thoughts over it. 2 different stories, but the country seems to be up in arms over it, especially because the shooter hasnt been arrested.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think the incident was horrible and it should be investigated as anything else.

I think it's horrible how much the media has driven this incident.

I think it's ridiculous that there's a new black panther party.

I think the community retaliation is ridiculous - a white teenage boy was lit on fire as retaliation. Neither the victim or assailant had any link to the Trayvon incident, it was just as an excuse for violence... like most riots and public displays of aggression.

Here is something I saw on Facebook that made me think....

1. Zimmerman wasn't white.

2. Several witnesses say they saw Trayvon attack Zimmerman first.

3. There were remains of marijuana in his bag. He wasn't a model student.

4. The media's turning this into a race war, when it isn't.

5. He was suspended from school several times and was known as a bully.

6. George Zimmerman's nose was broken and he had head wounds.

7. The pictures of Trayvon commonly used are from 4 years ago. He is 6'3" now, has gold teeth, and several tattoos. He's a walking "gangsta" and most likely threatened like one, too.

Zimmerman is obviously guilty for killing an unarmed person - this much is certain. However, let's not just assume that Trayvon was a perfect kid, and that Zimmerman's actions were completely unprovoked.

The media is calling it racism and portraying Zimmerman as a "White Hispanic" to play on the racism even more. That doesn't make sense to me. Growing up in Los Angeles, there was a difference between Hispanic, White, and Mexican. Some Mexicans were proud to be Mexican - they weren't latino or hispanic, they were Mexican. Calling him White Hispanic (to me) is the media playing on the race card for attention and publicity and is only fanning the flames in the public outrage. Isn't that like calling Obama a White African American? Maybe it was race related - but I don't know what evidence there is that supports that.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

Good ridence Treyvon, if it was a legal shooting or not I dont care as the world now has one less scumbag. As for the shooter, if its justified im cool with him walking, if its not then good ridence Zimmerman. And f*ck the media, if you cant see there sick plan of making this racial along with the other typical piles of sh*t like Al Sharpton then I feel sorry for your blind ass. If are government was serious about domestic terrorism why are they not hunting down gangbangers, seriuosly the most terrorizing group in America at this point in time.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Good riddance nobody. This wasn't a choir boy but so far he hasn't been put out as "a loc'd out gangsta set trippin' banga" either, just a dumb kid. There are allegations all over the place. We need to have a Grand Jury report before jumping to conclusions, possibly AND a full trial. Only two things are certain: 1) this is a f'd up situation to have happened at all and 2) the national press corps sucks for trying to make it a white authority figure kills perfect black baby story AND totally failing to cover the 3 black folks that killed a white in a college dorm or the 40 people shot in gun-free (President's claimed home town) Chicago.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Originally Posted by majik
I think the community retaliation is ridiculous - a white teenage boy was lit on fire as retaliation. Neither the victim or assailant had any link to the Trayvon incident, it was just as an excuse for violence... like most riots and public displays of aggression.

This is identical to what radial Islamic terrorists are doing. We burn one koran and they go out on killing rampages against anyone - the US military, their own people, anyone. Murder and violence just for the sake of it. You upset me, so I kill many people.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

His parents have copyrighted his name and likeness so it cannot be used in music or on screen. Seems kinda to soon.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Cha Ching!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

So you use somebody else's face and call him trey van and make the film, how hard was that?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:22 AM

So how are people feeling about this case now. I also want to add this into the mix