Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Track Day Pictures

Old 04-03-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Nice pics I love that cobra expt the wing. I know its for traction w/e but that thing is huge. Yea for my seatbelts I push as far back as possible and pull down hard. They hold pretty nicely. Remember tire pressures it will stiffen the sus and grip much better just play around with them ull get the hang of what pressures r good. Theyll proll be mid to high 40s
Old 04-03-2006, 11:41 PM

Looks like fun! I can't wait 'til the Next HST for hallet in Oklahoma...i'm heading out there and will get pics of my car and other's performing.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I had my tires at 36psi pretty much all around...

I was running 1min. 25-27 seconds on my own "instruction" but I asked the porsche cayenne guy and Joe Vaccaro himself to take a ride with me. I let him drive my car and they told me what's up. Plus after a ride in my friend's s2000 (OMG, he is good...) I learned that I was bein a pussy and could push my car waaaay more than I was.

So I did, next session they let me out last (cuz I told grid to do so so I could have the track "to myself"). But I ended up working my way up to the front 2-3 guys with passing flag afer passing flag. But then again I also got lapped by certain cars. lmao.gif ...

I can't wait for the next one. I want some new tires, alignment, front/rear sway bars, maybe a rear strut, some nice high temp oil, and some black painters tape (damn the rock chips are bad)...

^^then I'm good to go, fawk a turbo. lmao.gif

^^Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!
LOL

my friend's alfa romeo

and nick's turbo 911 (air-cooled only). mmm

this rumble strip was the highlight of my day. If you hit it just right you flipped your pass rear up so damn high. Lil scary and actually really slows you down, but makes for good pictures.

(clickable)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

that's a great meet idea.. that looks like mad fun!!! it looks worth the money.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:05 PM

If you think THAT'S a good time wait a few months and we'll see how this Time Attack and Grand Prix idea turns out with Club Racing Arizona and Arizona State Racing Association (ASRA). These two groups and NASA are the ones that recognize the contributions my college's "racing club" have provided for their events (as corner workers) and they give us and all other corner workers free track time as a thank you for working the corners.

Basically without the people we bring in to work events, the events would be cancelled on the spot due to lack of workers. LOL.

So they are starting to listen to our ideas and give us unbelievable deals on track time and basically everything...

we've been talking with ASRA and CRA and they are planning on starting Time Attack (very competitive racing that you can win $$$) Sessions which is awesome because the cars that turn out for THOSE events are insane. And the drivers know what's up, they don't play around...

And what's even cooler is they are trying to talk with the city of Phoenix and set-up a Grand Prix @ night sometime in the summer...
How f***in awesome would that be to be working a corner in the streets of Mesa, Chandler, or even Tempe in the middle of the night and watching cars fly past you on city streets...

mmmmm, I can't wait.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:19 AM

anybody from AZ comign to the May 6th/7th event @ PIR?

the racing club (Riddle) is going karting at F1 afterwards Sat. night...