Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tipping the mailman and newspaper delivery guy at Christmas

Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Tipping the mailman and newspaper delivery guy at Christmas

How many people tip or give a card to their mailman or newspaper delivery person around the holidays? I usually leave a card for the mailman in my box with $5 in it.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I tip the mailman, but the newspaper guy can fork himself! I seriously have THE.WORST.DELIVERY.GUY.EVER!

He's busted 3 of my front walkway lights, it's almost always soaked and wet, half the time the paper isnt even delivered, and when it is...he tosses it at the end of the driveway and no where near the house. So I have to put on all my crap to go out and get it. I dont mind that in the summer, but in the winter when it's -10 outside...it sucks! At least throw it closer to the house so I just have to run out the front door in my slippers to get it quick.

Also, when I called and complained about him breaking the lights, they said they would send me a newspaper box for him to place it in. If there's a box, the delivery people are instructed to use it. Got the box, put it up, and guess what....the douche waffle doesnt even use it. He just still does what he wants. So yeah..if he thinks he's getting a tip this year, it'll be me putting my foot up his ass for doing the worst job ever.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I have a community gang box for mail, so no tip. He never even has to bring packages to me. I do tip my water delivery guy though since he actually carries the 5 gallon bottles to my door.