Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tibby Vs A Blazer (tibby Lost)

Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, my weekend got off to a terrible start yesterday. I was on I-43 South and I was rear-ended by a Chevy Blazer at about 40 mph. Car was hit so hard the seat frame bent and my head slammed into the steering wheel. I am doing OK this morning but I am sore as hell, going to the clinic once I finish this post. Tibby did not fare as well as I did. The back end looks pretty bad. A friend of mine saw the damage and had similar damage from the same kind of accident and they totaled his Eclipse. The pictures don't look that bad, but it looks like the hatch has been knocked out of alignment and the lock cylinder was punched back into the body of the car.....

Best part is once the independent witness said he would be held at fault, the other driver scooped up his contact information that I was copying down and took off, I have a name, address and a plate number, but no insurance information. Woo Hoo. What do you guys think of the damage?

I have an appointment with my claims adjuster on Tuesday to get a quote for the damages, I will most likely need to file the claim under my insurance

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/Gr...by/IMG_6701.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/Gr...by/IMG_6700.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/Gr...by/IMG_6699.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p127/Gr...by/IMG_6702.jpg
Old 10-27-2007, 09:58 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That hurts to see Tiburons like that. I'm sorry.

If you'd like, i'll sell you a set of stock tail lights for $60 shipped. Then you can save some money for other stuff
Old 10-27-2007, 11:21 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Sorry to hear that, good thing you weren't hurt. These cars can be dangerous mixed with large cars. Stupid SUVs I hate them always will. good luck, it doesn't look as bad as I first read.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

glad no one got really hurt, good luck at clinic..

damage aint bad at all at least.. the hatch is fine, and thats the most important.. bumper covers are a dime a dozen as well as tail lights.. looks like hatch has one lil dent and about 1/8" max out of alignment.. if you have full coverage, you will only have to pay deductable, if not it shouldnt cost that much to fix.. wanna post more overall pics..

lock cylinder aint a big deal.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

the main thing is that you are ok...tib can be replaced
Old 10-27-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks guys, I do have full coverage with a $1000 deductible. I am hoping the sheriff finds the guy so his insurance is paying for the repairs

I'll keep you all posted
Old 10-27-2007, 01:31 PM

I just got in an accident and my whole front end looked like a can opener lol, but they fixed it all parts plus labor and paint was only 2250 (hood, aftermarket front bumper, right fender, headlights, and radiator) yours is only a bumper and tail lights so I doubt it would cost that much, if anything I bet you could, if they dont find him, probably get the car fixed for less than your deductable.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Damn that sucks man. Let me know if you need help at all. I have some parts around here to. If its considered totalled what are you going to do?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:03 PM

I dont know Ericy...I still owe ~4500 on it. If they total it out I may look for another one. This one has some synchro issues with 1st and 2nd, tranny fluid doenst seem to solve the problem.
If I need to go shopping for a new car, I'll probably try to get into a Miata depending on what the payments would be....I miss the open air driving of my Supra
Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 PM

Ya I hear ya. Let me know what happens. If nothing else try to buy it back and Ill help ya part it out. I need some stuff anyway so keep me posted