Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tibathon.com Error

Old 07-13-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am posting this here because I could not post it at Tibathon.com

During a member prune to remove all accounts that had not been active for the last 6 months, the script did just the opposite: deleted all accounts that have been active in the last 6 months.

If you are a member and try to login, it will not recognize you. I appologize for this huge inconvienince, especially at a time like this.

I am talking with our support staff to try and get the database reverted to a recent backup.

I'll keep you guys updated, and again, I apologize immensely.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

ah... that explains it. Sorry, I just posted over at Tibathon.com about that.

I got a PM the other day with a bunch of phone numbers.. mine was on there. I received a call last night but missed it and wanted to know if it was a member from there (321 area code).

QUOTE (Joshuwa @ Jul 13 2005, 11:47 AM)
Hi everyone,

I am posting this here because I could not post it at Tibathon.com

wait... are you saying you deleted your own admin account?? lmao.gif
Old 07-13-2005, 12:17 PM

Yes, I accidentally deleted my OWN admin account lmao.gif That sucks, but thats the only funny thing thats not making me get really mad about this. I'm actually quite surprised the software goes through with that (java: take note of this! lol).

If I can get a backup, even a very old one, I should be able to overwrite just the members and their info into the current broken one, and get everything running like nothing happened.

Hopefully I hear back from support very soon.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:46 PM

makes me glad it has been over 6 months since I last posted there..

Suggestion for next years Tibathon.. stay away from places with lots of Hurricanes.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:50 PM

We'll be voting again pretty soon for next years location, so feel free to submit a city you think would be good.

Daytona wasn't affected much by the hurricane, which is why the meet wasn't cancelled/rescheduled, but it definitely had a lot of people not go.

*EDIT*
I agree w/ the post below, and would love to see it in the north east. Indianapolis will be on the list to vote for (especially with the speedway).
Old 07-13-2005, 12:51 PM

hahah i forgot my s/n there. o well,
lol good point mad. lets come up north next year
Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i say next meet in new mexico...
Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 PM

copied from Tibathon.com:

Update:

I just received a reply from support, and they DO have a backup of our database.

What happens now is either the site will be reverted back to an early time (few hours is the longest I'll revert), or if it is an older backup, I will take the time to just import the user info.

Option 2 will take a little longer, but no posts would be lost that way.

Everything will be fixed shortly smile.gif

I know double-posting is not allowed, but please excuse me for this update.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I aquired a backup from last night, and am working on merging the lost accounts back in to the database.

If this does not go as planned, I may revert back to last night's backup, which would mean a few posts would be lost, but nothing critical.

Your account will be active in no time fing02.gif
Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM

the first was in vegas... the second in florida.. somewhere north would be nice.. either east or west coast to be fair.. but which ever it is.. the opposite coast should get it the year after
Old 07-13-2005, 03:54 PM

I think so too.

The only thing that I think may not get it so many votes to be on the west coast is that the NT meet happens every year in Vegas.

But there will be equal numbers of west and east coast cities in the poll to keep things fair.

The current version of the site should be up shortly, and the new version for 06 will be up and running in a few weeks, and then the voting and planning wll begin. This time, the meet will be planned by a team of volounteers rather than all members (nothing got done when it was with all members) and final plans will be finished at least 4 months in advance.