Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tib vs Corrado, Accent, Acclaim

Old 09-10-2001, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tib vs Corrado, Accent, Acclaim

So, decided to go out for a nice cruise on the weekend, drive through the downtown and check out all the freaks and rice. On my way home when I spot this wee VW Corrado ahead. I zip past him and around a few cars and he slowly works his way up until we're both slowing for a light that's just about to turn ... we're both rolling about 5km/h and he's about a half a car length behind me. The light goes green and away we go, I had a great start and an awesome kick into second. He's stuck just behind my front wheels and can't go faster to get by. At redline I shift into third and he's slowly creeping up on me. I call it quits when I realized I was doing 120 in a 50km/h zone and passing a busy university. There was also something about a city bus pulling out in front of us that slowed me down. Chalk one up to the Tib.

That same street about 3 lights later I roll up beside a wee Accent, he's all fart can and 17's and looking for some action. I shrug and think okay pal, you want humility, here it comes. I even gave him a half a car length. Just at the top of first I was almost a full carlength ahead and the kick into second was like the call of doom. When I saw how badly I had spanked him, I shifted to third, slowed and waved as he drove past and I turned to go home.

Later that same evening, another cruise and a real doofus driving an early nineties Plymouth Acclaim. He's weaving in and out of traffic with his wife and a car full of kids. For all his manouvering, he only beats me to the red light. I roll up real slow beside him and can almost smell the road rage. I first asked permission from the g/f Tibgrrl, to smoke this tool =) ( not my car hehe ). She said "It's an acclaim.". I said, "He's toast.". And lo, I went forth and turned bread into toast. I think I was about 3 carlengths ahead of him by the first quarter of second gear, only about 60km/h. Of course, he proceeded to tailgate me until he took off like trailer trash possessed a few intersections later.

Sigh. When will they learn? =)

.w.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:54 AM

Unlike me, Weasel picks ALL the fights. Not just the ones that are worth it. wink.gif
Old 09-10-2001, 02:16 PM

i would like to see you give my accent a car length head start hehe. smile.gif
Old 09-10-2001, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Weasel-

checked out your webpage...is that color a custom color? If not, what color does Hyundai call that? The only other burgundy Tibby I've ever seen was custom painted!
Old 09-10-2001, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Random:
Weasel-

checked out your webpage...is that color a custom color? If not, what color does Hyundai call that? The only other burgundy Tibby I've ever seen was custom painted!

Nope, it's one of the default colors you can get up here in canada, only they don't mention it in the brochures. It's called Antique Rose, silly name rolleyes.gif but cool color.

.w.
Old 09-10-2001, 11:15 PM

Originally posted by erikgsi:
i would like to see you give my accent a car length head start hehe. smile.gif

Hehe, I'm always up for a challenge! NOS? Supercharger? Turbo? If it's naturally aspirated, you'd better shoot out my tires first. =)

.w.