Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

They finally arrived.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib

My Quest coilovers finally arrived in the mail today. Well, mail being a relative term, they were on the doorstep when I got home. laugh.gif

I took all the panels out of the trunk area tonight, in preparation for the install. I hope to have them completely installed by Saturday night. Though I don't think I have enough prep time to get them all set up for the first autocross event Sun the 21. GRRRR! evil.gif
Old 03-11-2004, 10:55 PM

Default They finally arrived.

pix pix pix!
laugh.gif

Install pix would be kewl too!
Congrats!
You got them from KORE?
Old 03-12-2004, 07:45 AM

Yea, though KORE.

I'll see what I can do about pix and an install writeup, no promises on a timeframe though.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:14 PM

[quote="KayJai"]pix pix pix!
laugh.gif

quote]

egads... I was just reminded of
WWPIX when I was growing up.. during the afternoon cartoons.. they had "video games" that you could interact with.. they would call you up (after you wrote them) and you would say "pix" over the phone to make the game shoot aliens and such.... you had to get so many to win a prize
Old 03-12-2004, 08:44 PM

Damn you ARE old! lol.gif
Hehe

Now, back on Topic, WE WANT PIX!
laugh.gif
Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 PM

LOL. I know you want pictures but I forgot the digital camera at work today. Yes, I know, I need to buy one of my own but I just spent $1400 on car parts, I can't afford a camera. I'll try to remember it when I'm at the base tomorrow.

I did the rear struts tonight and here's what I can tell you. It's really a straight forward install. Because the new struts/spring is a whole unit, its a unbolt the old, bolt in the new situation. The simple instructions from HMA webtech are enough to do the swap. I printed them out more for the torque specs than anything else. I had one sticky point on the right rear. The swaybar end link where it attaches to the strut housing was ... um... stuck. Took me a while to get that one undone but brute force and a set of channel locks finished the job. Not my prefered method and I'll probably replace that end link as soon as I can.

The initial adjustments I made on the struts gave me about a 1 1/4" drop. Which incidentally, is just about how much shorter the entire strut length is over stock. Don't worry, I have "before" pics so I'll be able to post the before and after images for you guys.

The back end of the car is very firm now. I tried to bounce it a little... I got maybe 1/4" of movement...with the stock springs, I would get about 2" of up/down movement just pushing on the car. I have no idea what its going to feel like to drive but I'll keep you all posted.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:54 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Well, you got these thru Kore?

How long did it take you to get?
Old 03-13-2004, 07:47 AM

Around 10 weeks, I think.

Something to think about: With the trunk light disconnected the cruise control wouldn't engage, weird, huh?
Old 03-13-2004, 09:17 AM

QUOTE (blue2000)
Around 10 weeks, I think.

Something to think about: With the trunk light disconnected the cruise control wouldn't engage, weird, huh?

Yeah, take your brake light bulbs out too, cruise won't work.
Try it out! laugh.gif

Something about the computer not getting enough resistance, and then cruise doesn't work.

REDZ: I just realized that this could of been your problem a little while ago when your cruise didn't work smile.gif
Old 03-13-2004, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Kayjai, you both lost me man. PM me or something will ya?