Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Texas mom left 5-year-old at Chuck E. Cheese after birthday party

Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tiburon
Default Texas mom left 5-year-old at Chuck E. Cheese after birthday party

PEARLAND, Texas – A 5-year-old girl was in CPS custody Friday after she was left at a Pearland Chuck E. Cheese following her own birthday party Thursday night.

Investigators said the mother didn’t realize Azana Jackson was missing until Friday morning. Authorities said the mom and another relative took her 10 kids and nine others to the Chuck E. Cheese in three separate cars. Around 10:30 p.m., employees noticed Jackson playing all alone in the restaurant. They called police, who could not find her mother.

Two hours later, CPS took custody of the child.

"The mother was very upset, very emotional that she had left the child at Chuck E. Cheese," Brazoria County Investigator Jeff Mink said.

Area residents said they were disturbed by what happened. "I don’t see how anybody could forget their own children," parent Jeff Harrington said.

"I feel shocked somebody forgot their kid," Chelsia Baldwin, who works nearby the restaurant, said.

The Brazoria County Sheriff’s Office was investigating the case Friday night. Mink said they want to know why the child was left behind, and why it took so long for the mother to contact them. But, he said it was too soon to make a decision on whether charges would be filed."If she intended to leave the child behind, that would make it a criminal intent," Mink said. CPS was also investigating the incident. They will decide when – and if – the child can return to her home.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I know these people are probably government-educated but they can't pull off a frikken head count?