Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Test Your Tiburon Community Knowledge

Old 07-31-2005, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the delayed replies...was out of town for the weekend...those pics are from the 2nd "unofficial fxtreme" Cali meet back in 2000. First meet, we never took pics, but I wish we had...there was a point where we drove five-wide across the 101 in LA for a couple miles...really ticked off this guy in a mustang fing02.gif

First pic is me and my daughter when the Tib was less than a year old; second is Heather; 3rd is the infamous Random and his Tib pre-mod (can't remember if the engine bay fire was before or after this- I think before); 4th pic is Richard (RichardHdz from the old forums); 5th is a buddy of mine named Jason who was just getting started tuning; and last is Sean (Mochaduc)- still the only rev.A Tib I've ever seen with ABS- he left the Tib community shortly after moving to Colorado and his Tib basically falling apart bit by bit...

We all met in Oceanside that day to go to an airshow in San Diego; I had to lure the ones that showed up with the promise of free SR decals (back when Sam was almost all we had)...was a good drive.

As for me, I left Cali for Alabama and dropped off the boards for a while...I've been getting back into it little by little...just wanted to share some Tib "OG" history.

Thanks for lookin' smile.gif
Old 03-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Dont mean to revive such and old thread, but I was just about to post similiar pics over on HA. I have so many from way back in the day during the old forums. I even have a bunch of pics from a couple of the MHP meets.

Actually....who here remembers Joanne (Silkyspinz) and when she dated Chris? I have a pic of them together. I also have pics of Rudy's bumble bee, Rafael's car, and so many other old ones too. I think I might make a folder in the gallery on HA and label it "Nostalgia" and give everyone a trip down memory lane.... smile.gif
Old 03-09-2006, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: Honda

Old school.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator

haha.gif

Dude..I miss Guilty's old rants he used to post. laugh.gif

Oh and BTW....does anyone here remember the significance of this photochop?

lmao.gif
Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

We need to locate Eyescream. I know he moved over to ClubSI.com for a few years. So did Red. but I think they both went MIA from there, but people know them well there.

I may have a few old ass pics too.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Eyescream is still around. He used to patrol on a couple of Nissan forums. And Red....havent really talked to him awhile. Random might still talk with him at times, but otherwise last I heard...Red got rid of his tib since he didnt have the time for it anymore.

Could be wrong though.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:49 AM

Was this Rudy you're talking about the one that owned a Yellow Accent with 17" inch rims? Or am I getting confused with another guy that frequented HP.com?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Zman..yeah. But whats funny is....around last summer or so, there was another guy named Rudy who joined HP and he had a yellow Accent as well. But it was a newer one. Rudy's (the one I was referring to) was a Beta swapped older Accent with the first ever Evo kit ever installed on an Accent. He ended up getting into an accident and the bumble bee got destroyed. 02.gif
Old 03-13-2006, 08:27 AM

There's definitely enough material around to start a "nostalgia" forum, or at least a gallery. Mods???

Anybody have anything saved from fxtreme?
Old 03-13-2006, 08:29 AM
Administrator

I do. smile.gif Lots and lots and lots of stuff over on HA....eventually.... tongue.gif