Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Test Drove An Srt4 Today.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, for the past few months i have been pondering getting a car to replace the man van.

the van has no problems, but i just can't see myself in it much longer. it runs and drive like a champ and is VERY comfortable, but with 140k miles i don't wanna be scrwed one day when it dies.

i started out looking at a BUNCH of different options, new and used cars ranging from '08 focus, '08 yaris, used tacoma, '07 mazda speed 3, '04 rx-8, etc. after weighing all the things i want out of a car, the srt4 has won hands down.

'08 yaris: very economical, cheap, but lacking in the looks and power department

'08 focus: one of my top picks, pretty stylish, SYNC system, affordable, brand new, decent suspension.

'07 mazdaspeed3: pretty much like everything about it but how small the backseat was for a 4 door car

'04 mazda rx-8: really like the way the interior was, very nice seats and dash, very nice looking on the outside. had the power and handling to back it up. although, being a rotary wouldn't be too much fun to work on. also, terrible gas mileage for what the car was only 18/22. besides the fact it was a 4-door, it has a pretty small backseat area, not bad, but small.

used tacoma: really nice vehicle but too pricey to get the 4-door cab.

'05 srt4: great power, quick, very nice comfortable seats, good handling, pretty good gas mileage, fun to drive.

anyway, about my test drive.. before i drove the car, i knew it was going to be the vans replacement.

from the moment i got in, to the moment i brought the car back, i loved the experience.

the seats were VERY nice.. they held you in like a good set of racing seats. nice hip and side boulsters. they were also pretty comfy. much nicer than the tibs seats.

the exhaust actually isn't loud like most people think. most srt4 drivers must either just love making the car backfire or have aftermarket exhaust.

you know how the 5-speed shifter assembly on the tib is pretty much garbage with all the slop, and even after the bushings, there is still play in the shiter.. not in the srt4, it was very solid shifting with very little to no neutral slop. the stock shifter was a little high because the srt4 doesnt really have a center console like most cars.

anyway, the acceleration was very smooth and the turbo spooled very nicely. the handling and the braking were pretty good for a stock car. i would compare the handling to being between the stock tib suspension and the eibach/kyb combo.

my only dislike about the car is the stupid spoiler, but it would come off before i bought the car.. damn i hate that thing.

now i just need to get a loan and hopefully this car doesn't sell by then, cuz its the only one i can find for sale within 200 miles. lol
Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

nice find an good luck
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM

i love to say i told ya so lol good luck and register on srtforums.com when you get it. pm me my name is the same as on here
Old 02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

ill sign up on the srt4 forums as soon as i am closer to getting the car. i just hope that i can find one that COMPLETELY stock with 25-35k miles when im closer to purchasing it..

i just don't want a car thats been messed with, i want to do that myself..

i also decided today that its time for my tib to go bye bye, so hopefully i can sell it.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

My friend just full swaped a srt4 into an old green neon cool.gif i wanna go for a ride in it when tuned.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

Don't buy an srt4 they are for fags!!!!! lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Wow, nothing like bringing up a dead thread. Look at his sig.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

I am well aware this was a dead thread, I just wanted to bust socks balls about driving a gay car.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL. I knew what it was for. Im going to close this though. Pretty soon well end up with an SRT subforum with the members that have one.