Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Teri Schiavo

Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yahoo

Turns out the husband was right, it was irreparible, and she was even blind, which I don't think anyone knew...discuss.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:31 PM

I read the article. The brain, like any other part of the body, will shrivel and die with disuse. Being in a persistant vegitative state for so long like that, just makes things worse.

I can understand her parent's concern. NO parent should have to bury their son or daughter, but sometimes it happens, unfortunatly. What I cannot understand, even with faced by the scientific facts, they are still planning on suing. I do not know what they hope to accomplish, it will not bring their daughter back.. in my humble opinion.. NOBODY won when she died.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:41 PM

The bottom line is that Terry Schiavo had already made the decision a long time ago she did not want to be kept alive by life support because she knew what she was going to go through. She chose to not be kept alive, she didn't choose to be killed.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I figured he was right. Personally, if I learned I would be in as bad a shape as she was, I would probably want to not go through the pain and suffering myself. She wasn't really "alive" really ever since she had gotten into that state.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:23 PM

I completely agree. Not worth the time, suffering, money, or pain it would cause other to see me and think about what I used to be like. Pull the plug if I am a cucumber.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: Honda

If I'm rich, freeze me so I can be unfrozen and fight Wesley Snipes in the future, otherwise, pull the plug.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I'm just glad things finally came clear..but I think her family is pretty stupid for wanting to sue again. It's just a waste of time. When my mom was alive and saw that whole story she told me she wouldn't want to be on life support like that and when her time came I told the doctor to put her as dnr and no other drugs to save her life. All it took was for me to remember her words..you cant forget shit like that. To me it seems like her parents were selfish..you lose your daughter, she told her husband she didnt want to be kept alive artificially, so why did you make her suffer that way. They just couldn't let go and to me, that's pretty sad.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:32 PM

The husband did the right thing and the autopsy shows that he made the right choice.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:25 PM

Again, the media spin gave the public only one side of the view. Now that the final word has come out, there won't be as much coverage as before,...
Old 06-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

QUOTE (hamhead @ Jun 15 2005, 08:32 PM)
I figured he was right. Personally, if I learned I would be in as bad a shape as she was, I would probably want to not go through the pain and suffering myself. She wasn't really "alive" really ever since she had gotten into that state.

Yup, dayum right, if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, what the hell is the sense??

QUOTE (KayJai @ Jun 16 2005, 01:25 AM)
Again, the media spin gave the public only one side of the view. Now that the final word has come out, there won't be as much coverage as before,...

Funny how that works eh? You'd think that the husband would know the person he married better than anybody else in the world. I blame the media for our current state of divorce and infedelity (sp??) They made it seem like he found someone else and just wanted to get rid of her.

CNN will never be watched by me again.