Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tb Bypass Issue?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

While going through web tech(which I tend to do often), I came across this coolant flow chart:

Now is it important to have it go to the heater at all? Or is it still going to the heater and I'm reading it wrong?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Your reading it wrong. You can't by-pass the heater core.

Once you take off your TB you will notice that. The diagram doesn't really show EXACTLY what it looks like in your engine bay.

The two TB lines are actually 2 separate nipples coming out of the lines that go to your heater core. ( You'll see what I mean when you do this mod )

What you do is take off your TB, disconnect the coolant lines from the TB. Now remove the hose that shows the flow going out of the TB and take the other hose that flows in your TB and loop it to the other nipple. Theres a DIY for this, you should search.

And thats it, your not by-passing anything except your TB.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:46 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

I see. I've already done this bypass along time ago and thats why I was asking. I saw this diagram and kept thinking how does that work? From the picture it does look like it would stop the entrance flow and leave the exit flow.

Thanks for the quick response though
Old 08-29-2007, 01:16 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

From the pic, it doesn't look like you stop the flow anyways because the heater has seperate lines. Don't you see the bigger hoses? Just because the small TB hose that crosses over the other line doesn't mean they are connected wink1.gif
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if anything that diagram would mean more coolant going to the heater core, maybe only if you blocked those lines off though.... probably bad idea to do that though.

actually to understand whats going on you just erase the tb in the coolant path diagram and just loop it back.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

all you do is get the same size hose. then on the two outlets just make a U and thats it. noting that special just make sure you dont have a kink in it.