Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Tattoo

Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv been wanting to get one for awhile now and I was going to do somethin for my gpa and famliy thats passed. but Since my mom just passed away i want it to be all for her. I already have the one designed i was goin to get on my shoulder and make it like 6-8" big i guess. but then i started thinkin about somethin bigger and more extravagant in the middle of my back or maybe just somethin small over my heart.

I dont have one tattoo and now i want a sh*t load lol.
So what would your ideas be. Remember this is in rememberance of my mom who passed away last month of breast cancer. has 2 kids from my dad(me and sis) and 2 from my step dad(7yr and 3 yr old) if you need to know any other info that you could maybe incorporate just ask.

Thanks in advance.

** didnt want to post this in the tattoo thread since it was in the 18+ and im at work lol so can we leave this here?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Sorry about your loss.
You should just do whatever comes to you, I dont think that we should be giving you ideas about something like this.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:06 AM

I have ideas, but some of mine arnt as creative as some of you may be able to come up with. when it comes to tattoos im not crazy bout a lot of colors i think that black tattoos with SOME color looks the best. and whos to say that you give me one idea, then that sparks somethin and then i build it up from there. ive already designed the one i was goin to get. but then a friend of mine said hed get one over his heart then that made me think what would look good there and so on. the one i have is cross, pink ribbon, then "in memory of" banner. designed it myself just wonderin others opinions.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have a friend who has the person's initials in an intricate font with a tear drop falling down off of the last initial.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM

Thats nice idea, somethin small.

Would gettin somethin on my back like that cross i made and then somethin over my heart be over kill?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:36 AM

Its all upto you really, i mean if its in memory of your mother,, or any family member, than to me nothing could really be overkill. Whatever it takes for you to express your love and your loss. I don't think anyone would point out and say "jeez thats a little much" Atleast i would hope not! they'd be pretty big ass's if they did.
So just go with what you like man,, whether it be huge or small, maybe start small since you have none, and you can add to it later. fing02.gif
Old 04-25-2006, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Man... when it comes to remembering your mom, nothing is ever overkill.
And don't let anybody ever tell you otherwise.

I like the idea of both. The big one on your back, plus the smaller one over your heart. The smaller one because you can always see it. Guys don't get to see their own backs very often. wink1.gif

Sorry I don't have any ideas to give you, but you've got my condolences, and i'm sure that whatever you come up with would be... more appropriate.

EDIT:

^^^^
If anyone ever says, "jeez thats a little much" about a tattoo for your mom, punch them in the face, and tell them it's from me. tongue.gif
Old 04-25-2006, 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Kantizuni @ Apr 25 2006, 09:37 AM)
Sorry I don't have any ideas to give you, but you've got my condolences, and i'm sure that whatever you come up with would be... more appropriate.
EDIT:

^^^^
If anyone ever says, "jeez thats a little much" about a tattoo for your mom, punch them in the face, and tell them it's from me. tongue.gif

No big deal bout the ideas, but thank you!

QUOTE (Burlington Tib @ Apr 25 2006, 09:36 AM)
I don't think anyone would point out and say "jeez thats a little much" Atleast i would hope not! they'd be pretty big ass's if they did.

Yall should hear what my ex said on our last argument. You think people sayin tattoos is over kill about my mom is bad. i can only imgagine what youd say if you knew what she said to me. I live in ohio and she is in georgia... if a guy had said that too me- i would have driven down there that day and taken care of things.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:39 AM

Thats pretty brutal,, but just emphasizes why shes an ex i guess!! No class in saying anything bad to someone who just lost their mother. Sorry again dude
Old 04-25-2006, 12:26 PM

No lol she was an ex as of febuary but we were goin to try and be friends--but after the comment she can kiss my mother f*ckin a** and rot in h*ll. Im at work so thats why all the stars...

Not only no class because I just lost her, but the comment was about it as well.
"At least I have a mom I can go to"

What do you even say to that ya know. I wanted to rip her a new one but I was in shock I hung up.
Granted we were both sayin mean things to each other that we knew would get to the other person but at some point you have to draw a line. Id never say that, not even to anyone I truly hated.