Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Surgery

Old 05-02-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: car

Finally got my surgery done on the knee today. Boy was that fun... Originally they were supposed to scope me (meaning put three holes in my knee, put a camera, a light, and some other things too). They said there was one piece of bone floating in my knee at first, they do the surgery, and the pull out 5 pieces of bone. I got put out for the surgery which was kind of cool lol. The surgery took a little over an hour, and they prescribed me 750mg of extra strength vicodin. I now am on the couch for the rest of the week, they take my bandages off monday, and I'm on crutches for 5-21 days. There's 12-26 weeks of rehab after all the fun I've had today too. Oh, and when they cleaned my leg off, they had to shave off all the hair on my leg, then stained it yellowish orange with iodine.

All this means is I can't drive for a while, and my whole summer is ruined. 12-26 weeks mean 3-6.5 months of not being able to over-exert myself... Stupid knee...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ May 3 2007, 01:40 PM)
Originally they were supposed to scope me (meaning put three holes in my knee, put a camera, a light, and some other things too).

Mate, you were lied to... I'm pretty sure "Scope" is just another way to say "Anal Probe" laugh.gif

I'd really hate to be you right now... but at least you can take comfort in the fact that you still have a hot girlfriend wink1.gif

Seriously though, I wish you the speediest recovery possible fing02.gif
Old 05-03-2007, 02:49 AM

Sounded like how my first knee surgery went about 10 years ago. Most important thing to do is take your physical therapy very seriously.. do everything they say or your knee will develop scar tissue and never be the same again. 10 years later I'm finally training for my first marathon and I'm in the best shape I've been in since before my two surgeries. I'm shooting for doing a triathalon next year.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:15 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i can honestly say i know how you feel. it may not have been my knee, but i had my shoulder worked on extensively twice and it suxs so listen to your doc and i wish you a speedy recovery mate
Old 05-03-2007, 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Be glad you didn't have open knee surgury my man. I was out for what, 6 months?

Hell, the last knee surgury I had, I got the big toe on my right foot fused, 6 days later, in a wheelchair for 4 months, all when starting college.

LOL

You'll be okay bro. See you on Xbox Live. LOL
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: car

Thanks guys, yea, there will be lots o xboxl live going on... It's not even that painful, its like sore. And I want to scratch the shit outta the holes he made, they are so itchy from starting to heal. I'll take pics next monday when i get the wraps off. smile.gif