Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Summit Mountain (56k Beware)

Old 12-05-2005, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

i spent this past weekend snowmobiling at summit (alaska) and let me tell you how much fun it was. it was incredible. the view from the top of the mountain was amazing. here's a little preview of what we were doing.

i have a lot more images, but i don't think i can post that many. when i get them all uploaded, i'll give u all a link to my photobucket.

edit: here's the link http://photobucket.com/albums/y212/iQfOreVa/
Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

looks like a blast man. we are getting our first significant snowfall here as i type this. 5-8"...lol
Old 12-05-2005, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

beautiful man, just beatiful.

Hey, this summer I might be doing an intership up in Fairbanks, AK. It's sort of a transportation business, I won't be flying much...more like b1tch work for this big company, but if we get a chance and everything goes as planned...you should show me around Fairbanks. From what I understand, it's quite larger than most believe (an 20hrs of sunlight or something like that bigeyes.gif)
Old 12-05-2005, 03:02 PM

Thats beautiful there i wish it would snow here
Old 12-05-2005, 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Dec 5 2005, 02:45 PM)
beautiful man, just beatiful.

Hey, this summer I might be doing an intership up in Fairbanks, AK. It's sort of a transportation business, I won't be flying much...more like b1tch work for this big company, but if we get a chance and everything goes as planned...you should show me around Fairbanks. From what I understand, it's quite larger than most believe (an 20hrs of sunlight or something like that bigeyes.gif)

no shit??
hey man, if you're in fairbanks during the summer, i'll take you fishing, dirt biking, and i'll take you out onto the lake and we can have fun on my jet ski's. =D

and, hey, its not bigger than most think. it's a pimple compared to the smallest city in any state. hahaha
Old 12-05-2005, 03:16 PM

jet skiing? ...in Alaska? Are you insane?

There's a lake there, I thought Fairbanks was pretty much landlocked.? I need to google earth search that area and see what I am getting myself into.

But hey, AK is worth it....6 credits for the price of one.

..oh yeah, who's da baby? in yer avatar?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:19 PM

yea, the water is a little chilly (glacier fed) but only if you fall in. hahahaha

there's birch lake and some other lake by it. there are tons of lakes in alaska man...over 50% of the united states' fresh water comes from alaska.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:23 PM

my cable hd channel always has this program sunrise alaska. some of the most beautiful scenary ive ever seen.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:42 PM

is it really bright outside almost all day during the summer? Have you lived there over the summer yet. Sorry to jack your thread with my stupid AK questions, but I am seriously considering this internship if the one based out of Seattle, WA doesn't go as planned (which it probably won't because you need a lot of flight hours logged to do that one).

I won't be doing much, more like getting the higher-up's in the company coffee and waking up at 5am to de-ice and re-fuel planes, and that's about it. But if it's gonna be bright as day outside for 20hrs and I work only 8, that means 16hrs of playtime in the Alaska wilderness with iQforeva's mountain bikes and jet skiis, whippee! smile.gif
Old 12-05-2005, 06:24 PM

yea man...in the summer, there is only one hour of "maybe", semi, kinda, sorta, dusky, not quite nighttime, thingy going on. it gets annoying after awhile, but i was out there around midnight tanning myself. its pretty sweet in the summer.