Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Strongest adhesive to permanently bond plastic?

Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0 R Spec
Default Strongest adhesive to permanently bond plastic?

Working on a project and I need to bond 2 pieces of hard plastic together permanently that's cold and heat resistance. What do you guys recommend? Some type of epoxy or will super glue work?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 84 VW Rabbit, 01 Audi A8L, 08 VW GTI

Plastic weld the two parts together?
Old 10-29-2015, 08:32 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

The stuff I use is about the consistency of water and actually melts the 2 surfaces to bond them seamlessly. It's meant for clear acrylic but works flawlessly on most surfaces because it seeps in. I think it's made by 3M but I get it through a business contact who buys gallons of it at a time wholesale. I'll edit this later once I have the name and a link.

What kind of material I should ask as well? It may differentiate, though mine has work for everything I have tested with to date.

edit:

I stand corrected, it's not 3M.

SCigrip 4 Acrylic Solvent Cement:

http://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-10308-.../dp/B00JFPF0UQ

It's designed for acrylic but I have used it with all kind of plastics including my 3d prints (PLA Plastics.)

Fun tip: you can also take a small sample of this fluid, add some plastic shavings in a syringe and make a tacky, viscus, deliverable plastic for mold injection or stronger borders on welded seams.