Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Some Music I Made

Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I couldn't wait to show you something finished. Here's just a sample of what I've been spending my whole summer learning. Garageband on the imac. Next I'm going to toy around with a program called reason. We were going to be named "the skull kid", however that name got taken. So our name as of now is "NeroGenie"

NeroGenie

This sample will be mixed, altered, and perfected by my best friend who has been doing this stuff since fruityloops first came out and lemme tell you he's really really good!!

Anyway, hope you like it, and if not experimentation and hearing new things can't hurt. I've got about three songs for my friend to mix and I also love feeding some nice piano into the songs occasionally. My motive was to make beautiful music reflecting the beautiful feelings a girl leaves behind that no words can describe. Call me crazy but when you hear my other songs you'll sort of catch on. I've always been into the electronic scene and want to try new things.

Our music will be composed of electronic, uplifting hip-hop trance all mixed around, my piano and friends bass direct fed, direct fed synths; it's going to sound symphonic because I love matching chords. Right now this is just the beginning.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:43 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounded good!

Im not too into that kinda music but im sure selina would like it, ill make sure she sees this thread...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Nice, post the final product when its done.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think it needs a bit more work. Not enough buildup to the main body of the song. Also, the piano dosn't flow harmonically with the keyboard. Sometimes instruments will sound great together and then you add a bass line and it dosn't want to work anymore. It's all about balancing what the ear can handle and follow.

I've found I'll make a piece of music and then go to bed, wake up and it sounds nothing like it did the night before.

It might sound good if you raised the piano volume and change tempo with the piano when the keyboard shifts notes, like make the piano the main instrument.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:39 AM

^^Agreed. Granted Im not into this stuff seein as Im a harcore country folk myself lol but sounds pretty good just few changes needed fing02.gif
Old 10-17-2006, 11:13 AM

thanks for the feedback guys!! oh yeah it's definitely going to get changed around. i also think theexact same, it doesn't sound right the way it is right now. i might even redo the whole thing or even try to make it less techno, maybe even start over from scratch.

hahaha alex01, selina has very good taste in music but my music by far is way off! that's funny though, because all my friends say the same about me and we all can't find a medium. i had my friend listen to the entire way out west cd when we drove the tiburon to florida. he liked it in virginia, and north carolina, wanted to throw it out of the window in georgia.

by all means, i will post some final things on here as well. my goal is to land to the point where the music actually sounds good. so i've got a lot more work ahead of me, but with your ears to guide me i can level everything out.

look forward to some variable sounds, i definitely want to discover what you find catchy and hit the mark.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hello Nipples,

I use Reason too. Except mine is the 2.5 version. I also have a Edirol PCR-50 Midi Controller and MobilePre Amp. I like your song alot, but I think maybe the Piano could be better. I can't wait to hear the final touch.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:42 AM

KR why didn't you post that up earlier!! that sounds awesome! reson is a better program with near unlimited posibilities next to garageband. also has a huge variety of drums. that sounds awesome, do you play the piano as well? i do but minimally.

is that all of your music? that's a lot of tracks to me making, i think it's really cool and a hell of a lot better than mine. you should try submitting it to above & beyond or dave seaman on their myspace and get some feedback. you could even try submitting the music to labels by mailing samples. i like "ending credits" the best!
Old 10-17-2006, 03:00 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

Thanks alot Nipples! Appreciate it. I've sent my music to many people fro critique, but they either come back with no reply or it's just so-so. Maybe because it sounds too much like a video game, whereas yours sound more lifelike.

Yeah, I love Reason alot. I was going to buy a $3,000 Korg keyboard, but when I heard about this all in one Synthesizer, I immediatly bought it and it only cost me $300.

If you want to hear a professional use Reason, listen to Prodigy's latest Album called "Always outnumber, never outgunned". He used reason for everything, except the bassline.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 PM

http://www.myspace.com/nerogenie

my new name and new song (still incomplete and unnofficial thanks to some thieves who stole my friends computer)

our deadline was halloween, so i had to get something in before then. my friend is going to make everything professional, i just want to know if you guys think the song and rhythm is one to work with or should i start over fresh?