Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Sold my Tib

Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K Tib
Default Sold my Tib

Well, I sold the Tiburon. I was going to post it on here but, for whatever reasons, I couldn't get the site to load since before Christmas. [shrug]

I guess this is good-bye or 'see ya later' or something like that. I never did participate that much anyway (though I read the site every day), so you shouldn't miss me much. smile.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 02:14 PM

another tib gone.....

What is your new car?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

dude that sucks! One less tib in the NW. I was looking forward to meeting more people here in Washington. Why'd you sell? moving on to bigger and better things. Oh yeah, you should come to the meet this Saturday (Jan. 29th) in downtown Renton. I know you don't have a tib but it'd be nice to meet ya anyway. Post back here if you wanna come, I can get ya directions and more info.

Do you know where Fry's is in Renton? it a big electronics store with a friggin ginormous parking lot. It's right off Park Ave. in renton past the skatepark and such. Meh, your from tacoma you probably don't know what I'm talking about. Anyway, sorry for your loss, hopefully you sold it because you wanted to not cuz you had to. Hopefully we'll see you at Fry's the more the better.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

i sold this tib in my banner-----

but i bought another tib tongue.gif
Old 01-25-2005, 03:47 PM

I havn't got the new car yet. I'm waffling between the STI and Evo 8.

There are some others I'm considering but those are the top two.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

cough evo8 cough*:smileysex boobies.gif la.gif bukkake.gif blowjob.gif

i love these similies
Old 01-25-2005, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (blue2000)
I havn't got the new car yet. I'm waffling between the STI and Evo 8.

must be nice.wink1.gif

i would go with the evo 8, hands down. straight line is cool, but all reviews give handling/overall control&feel to the evo. plus, i think it looks a lot better. im not a fan of the subaru interiors. plus, the evo is a lot cheaper.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:01 PM

definatley get an EVO if i could get rid of the tib for an EVO, i would..hands down
Old 01-25-2005, 04:18 PM

Ban Him!

Seriously, good luck man, I hope you enjoy your new car even more than you enjoyed the tib. Personally, I would take the STi and get rid of the wing.. make it a nice sleeper.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:17 PM

I've already driven both cars and there is no clear standout. The Evo is has more seat of the pants feel, it's fun to drive, but it's also a very fussy car to drive. You can't let your guard down at all; not the kind of car you want on your way home at 2am when your tired.

The STI is a slightly more plyable car...much easier to drive on the street, also fun to drive. Whatever the STI gives up to the Evo in performance, it's only at 10/10ths driving. They are all but equivilent in performance numbers, anyway.

Interiors, the Evo has better ergonomics and is slightly more spacious. The STI has 'comfort' items (e.g. air filtration, cruise control, auto dim rearview mirror) not even offered on the Evo.

I like the drivetrain layout of the STI better, but the Evo 5 speed is more user friendly, as is the torque curve and gasmilage.

Evo has better warranty.

I like the looks of both cars...the are different but equally appealing.

Whoever said "must be nice" up there...hold your sarcasm there mister. smile.gif I've only been working for 16 years to be able to afford a car like this. I think I've earned it.

The prices are virtually equivilent here in Tacoma, so that is not much of a factor. The looney rich people in this area are paying $10K markups for Evos.

Lisa the sales chick at the Mitsu dealer told me these 2 stories

1) Doctor buys an STI in 2004. Puts $7k into the car, turning it stealth (wing delete, 2.5RS badging, etc.) adding guage package, prepping it to show (the whole engine compartment done in red), etc. 6000 miles on the car...trades it in on an Evo MR, so he and his friend could have matching cars. Paid $39K for the Evo and took a $10K loss on the STI.

2) Mom and Pop repeat customer, come in on a Saturday with thier 16 year old son. Point at an MR on the showroom floor and say "wrap it up"....Paid full sticker w/dealer markup ($42K) (yes, they keep marking them up higher) AND extended warranty coverage. The kid stalled it 3 times trying to get it out of the parking lot.

Like I said....crazy people live here.